240 repainted

anyone had their s13 repainted lately? i need mine done and i was wondering about good prices and where to get it done.

I’m not sure where to get it done but sanding it down prior to sending it to paint will definitely help out 'cause that’s where most of the labour comes out of.

well u want the co;our change or just outside respray ? i had quote from balwin auto just to tape+spray(base clear) its about 600-800$ colour change more and sanding is more and prep is evenmore basicly for that u need to bring in .

fineline wanted 2000$ for colour change base and clear+ sand (preped for rust and damages myself) he sad doors come off , hatch+hood sanded lites and bumpers off , interior stripped.

maco haha base and clear spray starts at 1200$ sandded by them

2 G buy in isn’t bad at all, but try to check what they’ve done in the past.

I got screwed when I had my color change done :frowning:

auto dynamics quoted me 2300 for all the body work, sanding and paint. including door jams.

STAY THE FSCK AWAY FROM MACCO…

what can i say after i get a rad cap exploding in my face when they “replaced a rad” on a Riced out Prelude at work. (The fixed the rad by installing the old one, broken one… and shaved the safety latches off the rad cap locks… Thats just freaking shady. But hey thats my opinion, so yeah. Oh and the coolant hadn’t warmed up yet so it didnt burn a co-worker and me… but he did get a rad cap to the nose…)

Even the paint job looked kinda off, compared to the doors back, usually they color blend… i would know, my whole front end has newer paint than my rear…

But whatever… Your choice, so choose what you can afford and has the best quality right?

Sorry to thread hi-jack here but anybody have any information on or know anybody that will repaint an engine bay? I need/want mine repainted before I put my engine in.

Again also when u pay 450$ for maco’s special they use enamel paint(cheapshiet)
but if you spend 1200$ on baseandclear thats a different look. Macco also wanted 150$ per door jam and 300 for hatch and hood coulor chanage. So stay away from them too expensive.

Fineline i can recomend i have seen a few jobs and they were a+ , talk to Donald there he is a good guy tell him what u need show him ur car and than negotiate!!! They fix up dealership cars etc so do awsome qality work.My car didn’t have insurance to drive it for an estimate so he sendded his guy out to my house.
Balwin painted my buddies mr2 and also i can say was awsome looking and great workmanship.

Cheapest way thow u sand and prep it urself than just take it in to have them tape and spray .(Desro automotive u can rent a stall with airtools to sand it down, and rent the paint both to spray after, there is ussaly few bodyman doing their cars so u can ask what they will charge to spray ur car ) Buy paint and suplies at Rockynountain autobody supplyy they are cheaper by far than cantire etc.