Anyone have a paint booth or have access to one?

Hey guys,
I’m looking for a place to get my car sprayed come spring, anyone here a painter? I can get the car all prepped for paint and get the actual paint from a supplier, just need someone good to shoot it for me when the time comes. Thanks!

Cheers,
Victor

Well I deal with Budd’s collsion in oakville.

Well I was looking for someone who paints on the side since i’m going to be doing this budget and can’t afford to take it to a body shop.

if you prep it, i don’t think they will charge that much to paint it. I am painting my car in the spring there, only because i can.

Cool, could you find out from them whenever you get a chance how much they would charge to paint the full car if I prep and supply paint/clear? Like I rough price so I know. Thanks.

I do.

Would there be wetsanding involved with any of these places? I’d like to get my car painted too if there’s some place that will do it reasonably well for reasonably cheap.

I will find out for you, and most places don’t wet sand, unless there is a run in the clear coat. When they wet sand, it is called color sanding, they wet sand it down after the paint drys, and then clear coat it, them wet sand it again. But i will find out how much for that aswell.

Jason

Isn’t there crazy amounts of orange peel if you don’t wet sand though? I want that bitchin’ mirror finish :wink:

Orange peel is the result of the painter’s lack of skill… either mixing the hardener wrong, laying it on poorly with incorrect pressure, wrong nozzle size or cheap paint. Yes, even the best get some orange peel, and without block sanding you won’t get the perfect mirror finish, but I’ve seen damn close with just a spray and buff after.