i need my car wetsanded and buffed..?

how much will i be spending? i think i could it mys4elf but i dont trust myself, id rather have someone do it that does it all the time… the car is freshly painted, but needs to be buffed… one panel was wetsanded and buffed to show me the result, and of course id rather have that, as there are some imperfections in the paint… anyone here do it? how much? del sol, all panels except for the front fender

muscle50 or turbo ls1

Micah, what color is it now?

the chances are wetsanding is not necessary, you could most likely fix your paint with some intense polish and a heavy pad…

jrlraa or just go to roots collision or pm me and ill ask him

$400-600 was what I was told when I was looking for a wetsand/buff.

Where are you located? MY friend could do it as well. He paints for a living and does it on the side. He’s usually pretty cheap.

lemmie know, just throwin it out there.

[quote=“ryanbgb22,post:4,topic:31047"”]

the chances are wetsanding is not necessary, you could most likely fix your paint with some intense polish and a heavy pad…

[/quote]

Dude do you even know what your talking about?If there are imperfections in the paint like he says then it WILL need to be wetsanded and buffed

i can get it done for 250 from a friend, but seeing if anyone does it for less

car is now black

[quote=“MicaH,post:9,topic:31047"”]

car is now black

[/quote]

thats a really good price. i would buy your friend a 12 pack too :tup:

[quote=“13005TEDGP,post:7,topic:31047"”]

Where are you located? MY friend could do it as well. He paints for a living and does it on the side. He’s usually pretty cheap.

lemmie know, just throwin it out there.

[/quote]

is your friend john by any chance in south buffalo?

[quote=“MicaH,post:9,topic:31047"”]

car is now black

[/quote]

250 is a bargain considering he knows what hes doing and the fact that the cars black. Have him do a panel/section in an inconspicuous area and then approve it before he goes any further.
Can you post some before and after pics when its done and if your friends interested in wet/buffing mine?

well same person who will do it for 250 is the same person who helped with prepping and painting the actual car so he def knows all the panels already, so i think ill just get that done…

ill take a pic of side by side panel of before and after, cuz right now i have that, since the one fender is already buffed… pix soon, i just got back from the philippines so im busy as hell with errands and unpacking, etc

Gerstner Collision is a master of getting paint to look like glass. I know from experience.

^ where is that?

6599 Main St. in Williamsville… close to Transit

you can tell him Jack with the black Mustang sent you.
He will either give you a deal or punch you in the face.

[quote=“Violator,post:16,topic:31047"”]

6599 Main St. in Williamsville… close to Transit

you can tell him Jack with the black Mustang sent you.
He will either give you a deal or punch you in the face.

[/quote]

lol I will wear a face mask and see what kinda price quote he will give me. I learned that most places won’t wetsand/buff an outside job just because their unfamiliar with the paint, amount of coats, etc. and could damage the job and its time consuming to have one of their guys spend a few days just to buff a car.
I been told its best to have whoever painted it do it and dont waste any time before the paint completely hardens and is less manageable to wetsand/buff.

[quote=“Superium,post:17,topic:31047"”]

I been told its best to have whoever painted it do it and dont waste any time before the paint completely hardens and is less manageable to wetsand/buff.

[/quote]

This is correct.

Gerstner has been doing that for over 40 years. He is a pro and he will tell you if the paint/clear is buffable.

that guy’s awesome. Violator’s got the good advice here :tup:

[quote=“Superium,post:17,topic:31047"”]

lol I will wear a face mask and see what kinda price quote he will give me. I learned that most places won’t wetsand/buff an outside job just because their unfamiliar with the paint, amount of coats, etc. and could damage the job and its time consuming to have one of their guys spend a few days just to buff a car.

[/quote]

ya they said i would have to do it within a couple weeks for best results…

but right now it looks so dope black with black wheels and the new headlights i bought