Car Paint

Hey guys, well my car has finally been painted, and it looks like, um… crap.There is WAY to much orange peel. Im gonna try to paint it myself now, and was wondering what you would suggest in order to get less orange peel. Also if anyone is willing to shoot it, and finish it properly im willing to toss some cash.

wetsand

oh ye ill be back with pictures in like 30 mins.

You dont no the orange peel im talking about, and we didnt even put clear.

i love my paint.

http://www.xs11.com/faq/paintfaq.shtml#Orange%20Peel0

"33.1. I just got a paint job and it came out with an orange peel look over the entire car, what causes that look??

The paint wasn’t reduced to the proper viscosity, or your pressure wasn’t right.

33.2. I used a Sata gun to paint my car, I used acrylic enamel paint. I have severe orange peel, can you please give me suggestions for making the paint look better without sanding and repainting? It doesn’t have to be perfect, just look a little better.

Unfortunately, the only cure is to sand and repaint."

As sidewayz said, wetsand, wetsand, wetsand…the more you want your paint to look mint, the more time you should spend sanding and re-painting. g/l.

^ im willing to pay you to spray my car. Ill do the preping, well its already done, just needs sparying.

anyone up for it? Shawn i think you sprayed your car. Up for it?

my buddy will do it for you.

how much are you looking to spend tho.

Nothing much, dont want like AMAZING. But like… something decent. Everything is already preped, all it would need is a prime, sealer, paint,and wetsand i suppose. So im guessing 2-3004 for that?

2-300$**

save up and increase your budget

if we had a bit better prep and a booth it would have came out alot better stop being a pussy and sand it and buff

should have done it right the 1st time…at the very least tremclad that shit. That stuff loves wax after a wetsand/cut n’ polish it just soaks it all up and shines like crazy.

hahahaha lol

still waiting for pics

ok so ur saying that to tremaclad the thing? like what white paint stuff?

for aabout 400 bucks tops you could go home with a bottom line base clear. with everything. Base, Clear, Reducer,and clear hardener. Ive done it… i painted sirdriftalots’s burnt orange S13 hatch on here. and he did not spend anymore that 400 bucks on material. and his car looks awsome. so you do not need to spend tons of money to make a car look good. i sprayed it with 2 Devilbiss finishline guns. which are maybe 150$ a peice… so

if you wre closer to me i would be all over that… i love to paint and would paint any chance i get. where are you located?

any colour of their rust paint works.

and whatever you do… DO NOT TREMCLAD! thats a poor excuse for a paintjob… and that shit takes for ever to cure 100%