MACCO Paint Quality?

Just wondering if anyone has gotten a full colour change by them. Were they happy with it? Cost? overall exp with them? Maybe a couple pics showing how it turned out?

I’m planning on getting my car painted there and would like to know as much as I can going into it.

Thanks!

oh noes

umm, no. I’m asking for personal opinions of people on the forum. Seeing as you don’t seem to have one please refrian from shitting in this topic.

Oh and aswell, I’m planning on getting the top quality “Signature” option.

In my lifetime I have had 4 vehicles at a bodyshop for paint/repair. The first time when I didn’t have a lot of $$ I went there. After that I decided I cared too much about the other vehicles to take them there and went with a more quality known bodyshop. Every shop is different, even Macco. I would maybe check with know customers of a specific Macco your going to. Its just where I live a quality bodyshop and Macco don’t go together. I sure someone in T.O could point you to a better shop if your interested. I do have a feeling you do care about this car because you probably wouldn’t have posted this question. Hope my experience helps! Good Luck

i say go for it but watersand your car , or prep the shit outta your car before you send it if your choosing a cheaper service from them , I can also paint cars too if anyone wants thiers done, but im not as cheap as Maaco I rent a booth, just a heads up

ive told you 500 times lets meet up and i will take you to my shop lol - do not i repeat do not go to macco -

a Buddy of mine goes his the Signtarue from Macco in Barrie,On and if came out pretty damn good, I think its either hit or miss…

I see. I’m looking at the North York one. At 1100 Finch Ave W

lol never seen that before…

my buddy got part of his integra painted there and it’s all bumpy looking (almost like stucco) – night and day compared to the stock paint.

if you’re just painting it to cover up dings/scratches, and whatnot, and will be tracking the car and don’t care about the appearance, i say go for it MAYBE…otherwise, from what i’ve heard, steer clear.

i knew someone that did it there… its been back 4 times to get fixed since they did such a shitty job… i would avoid that at all costs

I’m pretty constipated.

isnt constipated when you cant shit? I think you have diarhea (sp?)

but i’m trying to force it out…

it all depends on how you look at it i guess.

carry on gents.

what’s the signature paintjob going to cost there? pls post up some pics if u do use it. i was also thinking of going to the north york one as its nearby. way i look at it i would prevent the car from rusting out & make it look better than it is now, not necessarily show shine quality but decent enough that it doesn’t look like i’m rollin in a shitbox. not everyone can justify spending 3k on a paintjob for a car thats not even worth that much when it comes time to sell.

the only way to get a car painted cheaply is to cut corners or to use inferior materials.

there is no way around it.

the materials alone for a complete paint job, using insurance grade stuff from BASF, PPG, Akzo etc. is nearly $2k alone before labour…

No alternative, no easy way out… unless you know someone.

You know someone who got their car painted at the North York Macco?

Also, I’m not looking for show car quality seeing as I can’t afford it. But I also don’t want shit. IE: Flaking off, not even etc.

Dude, just don’t get a paintjob from Macco. But in the end, it’s your money, your car. If you want a cheap paint job, go to Macco. Have you not heard of the saying “You get what you pay for”?

Maaco = cheap.

Quality or Price

Pick one.

Do it right or do it twice.

Garbage got a fender painted there never ever again even though i paid 50$ the materials they use must be cheap but hey what can do u expect…

not sure which one it was but it was a maaco. They promised to repair his rust(cut it out and weld) and give him a “show quality” job as they said… its been a nightmare ever since