check out the new snail to go with the s15 front end

hope its not to big it a gt30/76R looks really nice but we’ll have to find out :shock: :lol:

Man whats big is the pics lol downsize them,

haha snail :stuck_out_tongue:

manifold pics? ext. wastegate pics?

have you got these yet, or just a pretty turbo in your bedroom?

(by the way i had these covors made and i have extra’s)

THE ENGINE IS A
s13 black top (type x)
greddy intake mani
greddy pully kit
unorthodox crank pully
peak boost upmount
spec flywheel
sard 850’s
gm 3 bar map
cusco engine mounts
peak performance trans mount
big 24x12x3 fmic
tial 38 mil w/g
clutch masters stage 3
fluidine rad
dual fal fans
all tuned with aem ems

Fairly similair setup to what i’m working on right now except I went with a 3071 instead. It took me like 3 months to decided between the 71 and 76. I’m still not sure if I made the right decision.

sweet setup

my apologies, but a turbo (pics) alone aren’t that hot, that motor all sparkling and such, quite hot… :oops:

EDIT: stock cams? no valvework or rocker arm stoppers?

Whats the spool up on that badboy?

absolutely beautiful

im using stock cams for now, its a new engine so i want to make sure the engine is ok, then i will put my cams in. i do have rocker stoppers in though.

the boost should hit around 3500-3800 from what im told.
rocker stoppers are in already but im just trying to get the fornt end of the car finished before i go too crazy on the motor.
ive got a quote from jgy to build the bottom end and finish off the head but i think it will be over the winter

im thinking your’e gonna be closer to 4000-4400 depending on exhaust a/r

but that turbo will haul ass all the way to 8500rpm no questions

pretty motor dude

Is that the oil drain outlet on the side?

Should you not want that as vertical as possible for maximum efficiency?

Unless you have a pump.

Other then that, not bad.

See you on the track/drag.

ya i just through it on for some pics, have not ajusted the housings.
thanks though. and ya im hoping to get to alot more event this year.
im hopping i can take some time off from th shop. not likely

oh ya heres some pics of “my room”

http://i1.tinypic.com/ruci0o.jpg

http://i1.tinypic.com/rucjdi.jpg

Just like sasha said you will probably see spoolup later than that, especially with a short runner manifold and your future cam upgrade. It will still spool up nicely though and really haul ass. As for having your motor built by JGY I suggest doing some research on them, I have read some real bad horror stories about their work and motor builds. Be really careful if you choose to go with them and please do some research on past customer complaints, i’d hate to see them screw someone else over.

You may start to see boost at that RPM range but its going to be very hard to BE fully spooled there. Like Sasha mentioned, 4000 + is where that turbo will kick you in the ass and go.

Just curious why you choose such a large turbo? drag racing the car?

Nice ‘room’ though :slight_smile: I think we all wish we had a place like that to do work on our cars.

4000+ is not bad. Especially for a drag/highway app. Even on a road course it will not be bad. It’s going to suck for drift/autoX tho.

nice motor. so what kind of horsepower and torque numbers are you looking for with what kind of boost. if oyu don’t mind sharing

looking good justin. … can’t wait to come down and see it complete.

Jordan