Chevy Colorado

Thinkin pretty seriously about picking one up soon, just curious if anyone has any opinions/comments on them, good or bad things they have experienced with them etc., and whatever else ya’ll might know that I can’t find on the net… Thanks.

Theyre good solid trucks. Honestly. And the top ends of their inline engines are designed and built by honda

Theyve made alot of surprising advances with those inline motors. they started out as the 2.8L (170hp/180lbft) and 3.5L (220hp/225lbft) and within 3 years theyre now the 2.9L (185hp/190lbft) and the 3.7L (242hp/245lbft) and theyre torque curves start out low and keep climbing. Dynamite powertrains if you ask me

interior is stupid cheap and too much plastic for my taste.

Good trucks otherwise

I’ve always liked GMC trucks. They are VERY heady duity.

pick up a I-290 Izuzu, same exact truck just cheaper.

FWIW my friend leased a colorado 3.5 I5 and it was in the shop 14 times for random electrical problems.

the 3.5 has top end problems, the heads are prone to cracking around the valves and need to be rebuilt. I think this is only the early ones though.

my brother in law is a mechanic at a caddy dealership, he says they throw head gaskets in H3s like crazy (same inline 5). i thought there were driveshaft/rear suspension issues with colorados as well, ill ask him next time i see him.

Talk to TORQDSS, I bet he could give you a good deal on one.

:tup: to the basils

I own an 06 Colorado. Inline 4 2.8l. I wish it had more balls but when I fill up I don’t mind much. Last time I did a MPG check I was getting 21 miles per gallon. I’ve had 1000 lbs in the bed and the truck handles it decent. Had to floor it to get up a steep hill but highway driving was a breeze.

The interior is cheesy. I didn’t mind that either because I installed a diff radio and speakers. It’s really easy to clean using mop water since the floor is also plastic (work truck edition).

Only problems I’ve had at 30k miles is a blown headlight and taillight which was an easy fix and the front end got knocked out of alignment.

Hmmm what else. The truck is slow to accelerate but at 55 mph runs at 1500 rpms which with that small engine is good on gas.

I wouldn’t tow anything heavy like a landscape trailer full of riding lawnmowers and I would’nt put more than 1k lbs in the bed. I pulled a 17 foot boat with no problems.

With my GM discount I got the truck for a little over 20k brand new. ext cab. 4x4. auto trans. work truck ed.

edit: This truck was awesome during the October storm. Had enough clearence to get over fallen trees and I’ve never gotten stuck in the snow. I slid into a ditch on old shawnee rd. and it got out no problem.

Inline engines FTW.

I have an '07 4x4, 4 door. No problems to date. A bit loud on acceleration. Tows my 22 foot camper no problem. So far so good. Time will tell.

I would agree with most of what everyone said, the reason for “most” is because i’ve never owned one personally. my Mom drove one for 4 years and loved it, my brother had his for 3 and loved it as well so I would say get one

they are def the most unexciting boring pickup truck i have ever driven in, when you accelrate they sound like the truck is being propelled by a fan instead of moving by an engine, they have no balls whatsoever, (i drove 07’s and 08’s with every motor), but they were pretty good in the winter.

i personally liked the gmc version better and i thought the interior was a little better, and they were also pretty good driving on snow and ice

they are def very utilitarian and not some fancy pants truck

they are trucks… they arent supposed to have nice interiors. old trucks had metal dashes. fancy interiors just drives the prices up and attracts yuppie morons and other cityots and crybabies.

Brian

I want to post that on the wall in the showroom, especially in the Buffalo stores because most of the trucks they sell don’t get used as trucks

lol.

I had sonomas and I drive a late model explorer…there are ways to make it look alot better than the bland interior and plastic looking fabric panels found in the colorado.

if you care what the interior looks like, you must have a vagina.

it doesnt need to look good or feel good. it needs to haul crap. if you want exotic materials in the interior of a truck, stitch together a bunch of bull scrotums and glue them to the dash and seats. youll have the most exclusive, pompous interior of any truck known to man.

this faggot interior complaining has got to stop. its ridiculous. quit blowing csaba csere and all the other idiots that started this retarded epidemic!

i loved the interior of my buddies 70 C10. metal dash + magnets + thruway/PA turnpike toll tickets = confused toll booth operator. :slight_smile:

Brian

i have only driven them on a few test drives and as rentals, and all of those rentals have felt like they were beaten on pretty damn good. I always had a 4x4 inline 5 crew cab for a rental. Good visibility out of the truck, easy controls on the ac/heat and radio (none of that over done fancy shit). The ones i test drove were both the sport suspension 2wd inline 5 trucks, those were better IMO. The GMC Canyon comes with a 5.3 v8 now and I heard a rumor about the Colorado coming with it for 09.