Chevy Cruze Steering Wheel Recall

The Steering Wheels fall off apparently… Woops!

The incident forced General Motors to recall 2,100 Cruzes in the United States and an additional 400 in Canada

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2011/04/recall-alert-2011-chevrolet-cruze.html

No big deal.

pffft. not a big deal at all

replace steering wheel with joysticks. done.

in all seriousness though, everyone made such a huge fucking deal about toyotas and their “uncontrollable acceleration” any reasonably intelligent person would put it in neutral, brake, and turn until completely stopped. wtf do you do when your steering wheel falls off?!?!? and you cant even put it back on, that shit is stripped judging from the pics

oh gm… and i was really excited about the cruze, maybe MAYBE i would have walked from my rusty hondas in favor of one… SIKE

idk, doesnt really looked stripped to me. those splines look like they are ok, just the ends look a little messed up from trying to put the wheel back on, would be my guess.

putting a steering wheel on, especially with that many splines, cannot be easy at speed. even in the driveway it can be a pain in the ass.

steers me further away from these cars.

AFAIK it was 1 car, and it looks like someone raged out on that thing… lol

And the recall is only on a number of cars made in 2011.

I have been happy with mine.

The tires/steering would hopefully center themselves and the driver would hopefully stop the car. That’s a pretty shitty recall though

In documents filed with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the car maker said it traced the problem with that particular car to a case in which the wrong wheel was put in a car and replaced later in the assembly process with the correct one. But the new wheel wasn’t attached properly, the car maker says.

When the wheel separated from the steering column, the driver was able to get the car to the side of the road safely, and the company says it has tested other cars from the production run and found no similar problems. General Motors says it believes this was an isolated incident.

And they’ll still check every single one in a certain vin break just to make sure.

i took precautionary measures years ago by hating chevy’s. therefore this issue will have no affect on me.

Whats the big deal? Don’t GM vehicles always have parts falling off of them?

steering wheels are for pussies… I let the car decide where it wants to go!

lol i wonder how much that one fucked up part on one car is going to cost them?

Not surprised even a little.

They hyped up this piece of shit like crazy and in the end its just a 2011 Cavalier with a new name.

lol @ the domestic hate. They’re recalling 2500 cars over something that sounds like it’s really only one car.

Exactly.

Do you always sound like this much of an idiot?

All the hate. When you build millions one is bound to suck lol.

:picard:

Looks like a Cavy to me!

https://youtu.be/8-QNAwUdHUQ