chevy s10 2.2 question

just wondering what year transmissions will fit in my 95 s10? i need a tranny and heard that 94-95 2.2 trannys are the only ones i can replace it with but then i saw someone selling a 2.2 tranny out of a 2000 and said will work in any 2.2 s10…anyone know for sure

pm mater he will know

94-95 only

well this sucks. i keep find 96 and up trannys. and i dont know any good rebuild shops because mine doesnt seem bad but i cant tell whats wrong with it becuase i dont know anything about the inside of transmissions

Isn’t the only difference the hole in the floor?

im not sure if that is the case ill cut the damn floor. i was curious what the difference was

pretty much,shifter may hit ur dash

did he say he has a stick? imean if he is cutting the floor i would guess so

well looks like i may be getting one from a 95 guy called back and said he still has it if not ill buy a 96 and up. yes its a stick

Cant you just cut the shifter down if it hits the dash? or get one thats bent different.

How do you know its bad? Whats the problem?

to make a long story short hard to get into gear then it wouldnt go into gear then i got it into gear but it moved around like it was in neutural then it was impossiable to get it outta gear. tranny is pulled already opened it up but dont know anything about internals.

so i keep find muncie transmissions for “s10/sonoma” but from what i read and understand they were all 4 speeds and for big block chevys. any input on this?

I think Muncie made 5spd trans for S10’s also. Was there any metal or broken parts in it? Hows the clutch master and slave cyl look?

It could just be comething simple like a bent or broken shift fork… or the trans might not be the problem.

there was no oil in the tranny and my buddy said the syncros are destroyed alittle metal shaving but not real bad at all. clutch and slave looked alright.hey if you kno anything about trannys come on out and look at it we took it apart alittle so not much work besides looking

Ive never messed with any trannies other than Honda… but if nothing is broken, then might be cheaper for you to buy some bearings and synchros and rebuild it. Im sure you can find a service manual that shows how to do it step by step.

Honda sucks and does the owners, Matt you suck and swallow with plenty of trannies:bj:

ya i have found rebuild kits from 80-150. and it would probably be easier to do that than find the right transmission since im finding it impossible to find a 94-95

i have a 2.2 motor and tranny from a 95 (i think) s10 just sitting here