95 S10 Tranny Trouble

Hi I was wondering if anbody had any good advice on my problem with my 95 S10 tranmission. First of all I have the V6 vortec with 4 wheel drive. I had purchased the truck about 3 months ago, and wanted to tune it up. I replaced the spark plugs, wires, air filter, gave it an oil change, and ran a test pipe on it. The next thing I did was replace the tranny filter. The job took more time than anticipated because of the down pipe from the headers was just in the way of dropping the pan completely. I kind of muscled it out, and in the process broke the 3-2-1 shift selenoide. I gammed the plug to the selenoide back in, and finished the job. I took it for a spin after and the truck was shifting very slowly out of first. I mean very slowly maybe not shifting into first at all and going straight into second. I figured it was the selenoide that I broke, so I went to Chevy and paid $47 for a new one. I installed that last night and took her out afterward she still has the same problem. If anyone can help, or has any advice it is much apperciated. Thanks alot.

“Words of Wisdom If I ain’t broken don’t fix it” :slight_smile:

I hear those trannies are pretty glass like anyway. What kinda tranny fluid did you use?

I used Valvaline ATF Dextron 3.

bump for a friend trying to fix his winter vehicle …

4L60’s are ok, put 400+rwhp on drags, yes but otherwise they’re pretty good.

bump