Chrysler 300C people...?

Does anyone own one? I’m thinking about looking at one sometime.

Their is a ton of options from the 5.7 AWD to the 6.1L SRT8.

But what I’m trying to figure out is what would be the best overall on a budget?

I don’t need bone crushing speed but if i could get like 400whp out of either I’d be happy. The 5.7 is significantly cheaper and can be AWD which to me would be awesome.

Also, considering its a chrysler how do you feel with the overall quality of the car? It’s supposed to be a luxury piece, but how does it compare to like Audi or BMW.

my dad had a hemi charger, and it was the fucking shit (5.7 when they first came out. he had like the 3rd one)
the leather was real nice, the like door panels and dash was kind of meh. sound system was pretty good, it sounded nicer than the bose in our denali

BIG difference when traction control is off/on. Got out of it’s own way very nicely, could do super siq heaters for long distances lol

i overall liked the car, the 300c is prob the same thing, just maybe a little better door panels and dash because it’s luxury sport, not sport luxury… or whatever

quality is probably borderline junk. i’m sure they make gob’s of power, but it also weighs a million pounds.

as far as comparing it to a bmw or audi: :uhh:

Look here for more answers: http://www.300cforums.com/forums/problems-dealer-service/

Heavy and weAr the shit out of tires. Move good handle like shit.

Nothing much to add, but I have spent time driving a 300 srt-8 and they are pretty badass. Pulls like a freight train. Interior was quite nice too, especially for me since I’m huge. Only thing I didn’t care for was paying for gas, which is comprable to supporting an elephant with a cocaine problem.

:lol:

http://www.daimlerchryslervehicleproblems.com/

Chrysler as a company will die within 3 years. Jeep will most likely be picked up by another manufacturer/company and the rest will die.

Yea i wouldn’t compare them to bmws or audis lol. id rather a 300 have them than e36s and b5’s MAYBE but not anything newer. it’s really a totally different league of car

i wonder how burly a hemi charger/300 would sound with full exhaust and cam(s?) heh

I’m buying used, but thanks.

Let me know when toyota makes a not bland car or something and I’ll be sure to hit you up. :tup:

I’m just looking for a comfy ass DD that can haul ass in a straight line. I figured I’d like get a cam or something for it and thats that.

What’s the price difference on these and a G8?

I can buy a 2006 300C with navi and 60k miles for $13,000.

a G8 will not be nearly as close in price.

Also, you can get the 300c in AWD which would be baller for the winter. 390ft/lbs of torque in a 4000lbs AWD car would probably be fun.

I’d never tell anyone who wanted a car for purposes other than DD’ing to buy a Toyota. They are boring. I however, LOVE my truck.

My mother has one- loves the look of it, but she doesn’t do the maintenance on it. Its a mediocre ride, an e36 rides as nice as it IMO. Hers is a 2006 with less than 40k miles, its gone through 4 tie rods (fronts twice…), 2 sets of spark plugs, ABS unit was replaced. Trunk doesn’t close properly (huge gap on passenger side), windshield trim broke off. Those are just the repairs I’ve done when I’m home. I know my father has had to do work on it too.

Thats just hers- I’d love to say the previous owner screwed it up- but that car is just a plain crappy design. Was cool looking when it first came out- but I’d look elsewhere.

I replaced a lot of Cats in those when I worked at the shop. Not a ton of problems but I did see a bunch of cracked exhaust manifolds and a lot of cat issues.

They also have terrible blind spots, which is hard to believe in a fucking hardtop, like to under steer into curbs, are slow as shit, scare the piss out of me while on fun on-ramps… they are terrible, the only people that like them are people that a die hard mopar heads or don’t know that there is anything out there better for around the same price.

I just prepped a 08 300C 5.7 hemi 22,000 miles, Beige, leather, Navi, awd. When I drove it, seemed pretty quick for what it was but also handled like shit. The front tires were shot which is hard to believe for only 22k, this car was not pounded on (owned by a doctor) and very clean, waxed regularly (could tell by the wax residue on the plastic and cracks, lol). I am not sure a price yet but I think they are going to ask low 20s, this is in VT at the honda dealership I work at.

Most Chrysler products have terrible driving positions.

I drove a SRT8 and was shocked by how fast it was for such a big car! I raced it too and it was right next to me until i was about to go into 3rd gear, but it wasnt the best place to race so kinda didnt go into 3rd… Big Ed actually drove the car and raced newman’s Lotus that night :slight_smile:

Car is built on a Mercedes plateform so i was told.

We have a 300c at work, and it is total junk. In the shop all the time. Besides that though it is pretty decent. It drives good for what it is. The hemi has enough power to move the thing. Blind spots and poor interior suck.

Overall I’d never ever buy one.

I’d rather buy a used GTO or a E46 for the money.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-BMW-330xi-6-Speed-CldWthr-Prem-Pkg-iPodAdptr-WRNT_W0QQitemZ130360141869QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item1e5a11e82d

2004 330Xi 88K $13.5 obo

Its a favorite among black guys rolling around the ghetto with 30 inch wheels on them.

I’d check the service records, and get one that hasn’t been pimped out and beat to shit.

Or one that doesn’t randomly go full throttle. :wink: