Chrysler going out of business sale

If you were looking for a Chrysler now is the time to haggle.

Chrysler LLC will eliminate 789 dealers, or 25 percent of its U.S. network, by June 9, according to a memo sent today to retailers in one sales region.

“Chrysler will not be required [per bankruptcy law] to buy back the vehicles or tools and parts from rejected dealers,” the memo says. “We will match you with an accepted dealer(s) to buy your parts, tools and vehicles.”

List: http://www.clickondetroit.com/download/2009/0514/19460314.pdf

sooo they are/will be selling under COST???

I think if they start selling cheep I may go buy something

That is what I would assume.
Chrysler said they will be allowed to sell cars to the public until June 9th.

Are you thinking Sprinter Van to hold all your off spring?

This is insane.

lol dick… am I right with that most cars on the lot our on “loan” and the dealer does not “own” them

just something new… for home to work …kinda want good on gas but I really can care less… I want navi, good seats…

you know something that would have a radio that would work (mine works it just drops buffalo stations half way home all I get is 102.5 fucking civic )

or Ill just hold out till this car takes a shit and get the TL that I have been talking about

The only car they make that I wouldn’t mind is the Challenger or a Viper and you know those won’t get discounted much.

I see more vacant buildings coming soon :frowning:

Why would they do that, it says that Chrysler will be required to buy back vehicles and tools. Most domestics are already sold at a loss to the dealer as it is to try and build service/parts business. Doubt you’ll see any better deals than you already do as a result of this.

uhhhhhhh

Chrysler will not be required [per bankruptcy law] to buy back the vehicles or tools and parts from rejected dealers

Somewhere I posted about dealers having mad sales. I mean who cares right? Just dump everything from the water fountain to the Viper. lol.

sweet ill try to get a srt charger for 11k hahhaha whats the worst they say no?

Correct most cars on a dealers lot are wholesale floor planned with a bank or Chrysler’s captive finance company Chrysler Financial

But if the dealer doesn’t sell the cars to the public or another dealer they would take them to auction and what % do you think a brand new 2008 is going to draw at auction?

:banghead:Wow, I’m really kicking my self for buying a jeep when I did before all this crap went down…:banghead:

I wonder if they’re going to start offering Buy One Get One Free on new models…

hmmmm, new Jeep in my future?

uuuugh black challenger srt8 plz

Uhhh… this might be what allows my stupid gf to buy that Nitro she always wanted… FUCK!

I just got a list 41 pages long

Edit: http://www.clickondetroit.com/download/2009/0514/19460314.pdf

enjoy

I can’t tell you how many friends and family members bought cars last year and I INSISTED they wait.:banghead:

What is the cost to the automakers of dealerships? In other words, what does the dealer pay for and what does the maker pay for? I guess I always ass-u-med that the dealer paid for everything like signs, training, tools, lawn mowing, etc, etc.

You are correct the dealer pays for all of that even brochures, unless it is a corporate controlled store, ie Amherst Chevrolet before they closed.

Your next question will be: then why are they closing stores if it cost them nothing

Well I have heard many reasons, but none of them hold a ton of water