Chrysler is going under...

Close friend high up in Chrysler says they are going under big time. Not naming any names, but he is looking for another job. They only thing that sucks is he has 3 company cars…that is probably why they are going under ha.

I asked him, and yes he has to give the cars back…

Thoughts?

I heard that they were being bought by GM. No idea how true that is.

The GM merger is one of the oddest things you could imagine…how does Mercedes Benz figure in? I thought Chrysler was merged with them?

I do believe Chrysler will go bankrupt, unfortunately I think GM is going to buy them and I don’t think that is a good idea. GM has made some major improvements in the last few years and I think buying Chrysler will make them lose alot of the ground they have gained

so the lifetime warranty isnt helping huh…

no it isn’t. It would be very sad to see Chrysler gone but it has gotten to that point already. I have watched their sales numbers decline steadily in our area so I’m not surprised that has been happening all over the country.

Somewhat off topic but there are several dealers in WNY who are at a serious risk of closing, I know of a few that are closing currently and that worries me as well.

wow the employee buyout has been in the news for like 3 weeks, they are downsizing not going under.
But bankruptcy would help with franchising laws if they were to be bought by GM.

goodfucktransittowneusa… But in all honesty im am some what surprised by this… Jeep and caravans have always been great sellers and now they have a decent line up thats fairly cheap and a fantastic warranty, I was looking at a brand new Black Challenger the other day and was amazed at the $21,000 MSRP with a LIFETIME POWERTRAIN WARRANTY…No its wasnt an r/t or srt but still

GM has no cash on its books, but Chrysler does. Absorbing Chrysler will give them some collateral to stay afloat… for now.

Also, less vehicles in the market means less competition, and more sales for GM and Ford.

And from what I’ve read, some government officials don’t want to give GM bailout money unless they absorb Chrysler.

Daimler sold Chrysler awhile ago, it’s now Chrysler LLC, because it is not a publicly owned company anymore, a private German company bought them.

oh and my mom just bought a new Chrysler, hope the warranty gets honored.

The writing has been on the wall for quite some time now.Honestly its a shame,Mopar has some good products.

No, a US company called Cerberus bought 80.1% of them, MB owns the rest still

I heard the exact oppostie.

To my knowledge…

You are right as in the company is US based, but the company is a conglomerate of rich mostly European investors.

You are also right that Chrysler is a LLC, and that the money is based overseas.

In the end it seems that they are fucked though. Just as I thought the charger R/T seemed like a nice buy… oh well.

So what happens to Chrysler warranties? Is Chrysler currently backed by any big name insurance company like AIG? If so, then they would be the ones to front the cost of all the warranty shit.

in the fine print it specified “lifetime” refers to the life of the Chrysler company…not the cars, silly goose.

:lol:

No the warranties are backed by the company themselves. It is different from service contracts.
If they want to keep any kind of customer loyalty they will honor them.
On the other hand bankruptcy helps void franchise agreements which are extremely costly to get out of.

Also the lifetime powertrain only applies to the first owner and you have to have all maintenance done by a Chrysler approved service centers and all scheduled maintenance.

Well I’m referring to when the business goes bankrupt. Then the customers will be SOL?

How about if GM buys them out? Will they be responsible for the warranties? Seems like there is a huge gray area in the matter.

http://www.portfolio.com/executives/features/2007/08/13/Stephen-Feinberg-Cerberus#page1

best article on Cerberus as it relates to Chrysler… you will learn much about the company and how the United States works.

I’ve probably linked to it before.