Chrysler Offers Lifetime Powertrain Warrantee

Lifetime powertrain warranty to come with new Chryslers

July 26, 2007

By TIM HIGGINS

FREE PRESS BUSINESS WRITER

New Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles will come with a life-time warranty on powertrain, the Auburn Hills automaker told dealers this morning.

“It’s pretty incredible,” Alan Helfman, vice president of Helfman River Oaks Chrysler Jeep, said of the announcement.

Advertisement
The company says the new warranty goes into effect on new vehicles being sold today and applies to original owners of most of the automaker’s vehicles. It does not apply to diesel and SRT8 vehicles, dealers told the Free Press.

Chrysler has struggled with the perception that its vehicles have lower quality compared to foreign automakers such as Toyota. Dealers say this new move will strongly combat that.

“It will nullify all concerns. We have the best warranty in the business now. Toyota doesn’t give that. Nissan doesn’t give that. Put your money where your mouth is big boy,” Helfman said.

Chrysler says the lifetime warranty will cover the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair engine, transmission and drive systems. It is limited to the first registered owner or retail lessee, the company said.

Under terms of the new warranty, the owner must have the powertrain inspected – for free – by authorized Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge dealers once every five years.

“This new Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty is a statement of confidence to our customers to the reliability of their powertrain. It’s peace-of-mind reassurance for as long as they own the vehicle,” said Steven Landry, Chrysler executive vice president for North American sales, in a statement.

Chrysler’s previous powertrain warranty was good for three years or 36,000 miles.

desperate much? :rofl: :rofl:

aww thats bullshit u know if something breaks in your tranny they will say u fucked something up and charge u anyways. Nothing is guaranteed or warranted

:bsflag: :jerkit:

My 2003 Wrangler Rubicon just received its second item, new brake pads. The first was new tires at 34000.

Don’t discount the Jeep. It’s been solid (and I hammer it).

sounds like they are desparate to move cars…

:rofl: mopar and powertrain don’t work well in a sentence.

I’d rather jackoff into a tin cup and feed it to somolia children.

They’d gobble it up.

yeah they would know it’s not shit :rofl:

sounds like they are going out of business

:blue:

They could use it. Lifetime Warranty? I’d consider getting another Chrysler product now.

lol

i’d consider watching the lifetime network for golden girls than chrysler:kekegay:

they are gonna be replacing transmissions out the ass

I thought they were 7/70 since sometime in the 90s.

I had 8/80. had the tranny replaced twice through it, I was the 2nd owner and bought it with 45k :dunno:

no they stopped it after i bought my durango. the 7/70 is the extended warranty

non-transferrable, must be brought in every 10k or something for check-ups…

still, if they are standing behind it, its a decent deal gotta give some props

exactly I dont understand all the hate …you by a dodge you know what will go wrong with them…just like the chevy…I dont see gm doing his because it would kill the auto parts bussiness…