Dodge Lifetime warranty inspection

So what do they look for when you take the car in every 5 years. Im guessing its pass or fail. What would you fail for, or pass for. How does that all work. “lifetime warranty” sounds great, but in 5 years if you fail for have a dirty engine, then its worthless. Anyone know?

my guess would be fluid levels and whatnot. just to make sure you aren’t clearly neglecting taking care of the vehicle due to the warranty

my guess is they will tell you it fails and need $1,500 worth of repairs that they will have to do, then you will be good for another 5 years

x2

Dodge doesn’t want to lose money with their warranty and their products suck, so they will make it up with BS stuff.

I think they’re just banking on people not keeping the vehicles beyond the life of the powertrain. It’s usually the steering, suspension, electrical, etc, that causes enough issues to get rid of a vehicle.

yeah seriously, what’s powertrain? engine, tranny and driveline, that’s not a lot compared to the rest of the stuff you’re going to have to upkeep just to get far enough to use the warranty

Having just driven a brand new Sebring rental, I can’t imagine anybody keeping one long enough for Chrysler to have to worry about any lifetime warranties if they are non-transferrable. If they are transferrable, I predict the total death of the company within 10 to 12 years.

^^ I concur. Dodge has been nothing but worthless regarding my wife’s Neon warranty. They are notorious for it, as told to me by the service manager at our local stealership.

The lifetime power train warranty is non transferrable. My guess is that the ‘inspection’ is mostly BS. My guess is that Chrysler is banking on the fact that after 5 years most people will forget that they have to do the inspection, and since there is a fairly narrow window of opportunity on that inspection, the warranty will be void.
I will find out if Chrysler has issued any instructions to the dealers as of yet and post back.

As to quality and repairs required, my last 3 Chrysler vehicles have been trouble free and reliable. Actually more reliable than my last Honda. The best was my 01 PT. 5 years and not one single repair needed, other than routine mtse.

I think its a great Idea but honestly the know people dont like driving cars that are over 10 yrs old…Its about status nowadays and Id like to know if that applys to bussines vehicles like work trucks and cars .

we just bought a new Grand Cherokee with the lifetime warranty and i’ll drive the thing until it rusts apart.

I am a do it URselfer but for what oil costs now a days, i will be having the dealership do the oil changes so they can’t say anything about the warranty if its ever has to be used.