Lifetime powertrain warranty

Interesting move there Chrysler…

[Source: Chrysler]

Chrysler Introduces New ‘Best-in-Industry’ Lifetime Powertrain Warranty
on Chrysler, Jeep® and Dodge Vehicles

• The New Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty – the first from an OEM and the longest in the industry – is a statement of confidence in the reliability of Chrysler products
  • Warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair covered powertrain components – engine, transmission and drive system
  • Provides worry-free ownership for new Chrysler, Jeep® and Dodge owners

Auburn Hills, Mich., Jul 26, 2007 - Chrysler today announced that the Company would extend its powertrain warranty from the 3-year/36,000-mile Basic Limited Warranty to a new Lifetime Powertrain Warranty. The new Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty applies to most new Chrysler, Jeep® and Dodge vehicles purchased from dealer inventory and delivered on or after July 26, 2007.

The Lifetime Powertrain Warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair covered powertrain components – engine, transmission and drive system. The new powertrain warranty is limited to the first registered owner or retail lessee. Customers should contact dealers for details on vehicle selection.

“This new Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty is a statement of confidence to our customers to the reliability of their powertrain. It’s peace-of-mind reassurance for as long as they own the vehicle,” said Steven Landry, Executive Vice President – North America, Sales and Marketing, Service and Parts, Chrysler Group.

To continue warranty coverage, the owner must have a powertrain inspection performed by an authorized Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge dealer once every 5 years. This inspection will be performed at no charge. The inspection must be made within 60 days of each 5-year anniversary of the warranty start date of the vehicle.

Landry added, “The new Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty underscores our focus on quality and customer satisfaction. It demonstrates our commitment to customers and the confidence we have in our ability to produce quality, reliable and durable vehicles. That’s why we put ‘lifetime’ on it.”

Customers may visit Chrysler.com, Jeep.com and Dodge.com for more information. A warranty promotion – print, radio, television and Internet – begins Friday, July 27.

Interesting.

sorry this is broken due to abuse, you lose!! good day sir

:tup:

weren’t they the first to offer a 100K mile warrenty?

at any rate, thats some good insurance although I’ve never really had much luck with stealerships and getting my cars serviced. Would rather do it myself if I can

I guess they want people to hold onto their cars longer???

X…

the jeep will last 4ever!

I wonder if you have to do all the service at the dealership like Oil Changes, and every single thing that is listed in the owners manual.

[quote=“tonymitss5,post:7,topic:32999"”]

I wonder if you have to do all the service at the dealership like Oil Changes, and every single thing that is listed in the owners manual.

[/quote]

bingo, if you miss a tire rotation its probably gone.

The way I look at it is.

A. It only applies to the first owner.
B. How many people keep their cars for over 5 years.
C. Don’t send out notifications of the 5-year inspection. People miss this, warranty=void.
D. Drivetrains, don’t break all that often these days under normal use.

[quote=“FuzzyFish,post:9,topic:32999"”]

The way I look at it is.

A. It only applies to the first owner.
B. How many people keep their cars for over 5 years.
C. Don’t send out notifications of the 5-year inspection. People miss this, warranty=void.
D. Drivetrains, don’t break all that often these days under normal use.

[/quote]

Most Chrysler Auto Trannys shit the bed around 125K miles. All their minivans, stratus, neons, etc.

Either way you look at it, I see it as a positive step for the consumer.

Yeah definitely a step forward, but I wonder just how catchy the fine print will be.

[quote=“tonymitss5,post:10,topic:32999"”]

Most Chrysler Auto Trannys shit the bed around 125K miles. All their minivans, stratus, neons, etc.

[/quote]

Again though it falls under the how many people keep their cars catagory. I don’t know aobut you but I don’t know many people that bought a car brand new. And kept it until it had that many miles.

I can see the fine print being that you have to have records of all engine and tranny oil changes or else they would be just dumb. Why pay to change your oil when you can just replace the engine for free.

If they don’t do something about the Ram trannies this is going to get very expensive for them.

[quote=“JayS,post:15,topic:32999"”]

If they don’t do something about the Ram trannies this is going to get very expensive for them.

[/quote]

Yeah I hear they are quite rampant these days. But yeah that is going to be an issue.

hahahaha

just missing the caption “heeeeey daddy”

lol

[quote=“JayS,post:15,topic:32999"”]

[/quote]

You think? Ram Trannies only cost me about $25 but you have to go to the right farmer. Some of them are absolute dicks and won’t let you finish in their hair.

:lol: