GTR BS!

There was a thread in a GTR forum about voiding the warranty.

If you disable the vdc, which is necessary when you enable the launch control, you void your warranty. It is stated in the manual.

So if you break your tranny, which one guy did, you have to pay for the repairs yourself. He was quoted $20,000 for a new tranny

found link.
http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=25361

:lol:

pos

lol 70k, also comes with free headaches

hahaha junk

-Can only launch the car 15 times before the transmission gives out. The most Nissan has got was 34 launches.

SRSLY?

iirc you cannot even change the wheels.
And with GPS in japan, only approved tracks are allowed to remove the upper limit on speed. Even then, must be done by Nissan or your warranty is voided the moment you hit the track.
There will be little aftermarket support.

There have been at least a few GT-R owners who have put Volks on the car already.

Does the Corvette ZR-1 suffer from these types of issues? Is there a limit to how much you can launch the ZR-1? I really like the GT-R, but to me it seems like the ZR-1 is the more reliable of the two. Sure it might cost a bit more, but factoring in maintenance and breakdowns, it’ll probably end up costing less.

i DID like these cars…

A 997TT is a street Porsche and it can be turned off.

How would Ferrari know you turned it off?, they don’t have the dreaded blackbox.
Also, the amount of money Ferrari have put into the F1 transmission must be in the 10’s of millions of dollars, its a bulletproof gearbox that is proven in formula 1.
I did 36,000ks in my old F430 and it never missed a beat, i drove with the traction control off most of the time and the service costs were cheaper than the GT-R.
I sold it and got the Scuderia and the improvements are staggering.
No where does it say in the manual that the warranty is void if TC is turned off…

GT-R can never be compared to a Ferrari… ever.

lol must be nice.

ZR-1>this bag of crap

Gay

:lol: z06 runs the same track times and doesn’t break

Regardless I guess we will find out…that dude from Rochester has one now and was racing it at NYI

is he consistently using the launch control? Should be in the 11s with it, if I remember correctly. I have read that without the launch control, ~12.3 is the fastest. The car suffers from a bog out without the LC.

From his post in a thread about this on roclife:

zo6 and zr1 2 totally different cars

god this sucks…lol pwnd

hahaah that sucks

lol true