Chrysler Offers Lifetime Powertrain Warrantee

its gonna kill the auto parts business, the auto repair business, the new car business, etc etc.

This is going to be something that either gets shot down early, or other manufacturers are going to jump on the bandwagon.

was told about this last week. came offical today. i think they are crazy! they warranty waterpumps and stuff i think is maintence! this has to put them out of business. thoughts?

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/moparlifetime.jpg

desperate move

x2

Non-transferable, and limited items/cars under warranty, but I’m still up in the air as to where I think this is going to end up.

would be worth while to buy a beater car and roll it for 20 yrs, lol. deffinitely an auto, as it would be covered when the tq convertor or tranny shits the bed

Dodge caliber sounds tempting :rofl:

Yup. desporate move to sell more units. word has it that benz is pulling out of the dimler chrisler family or whatever so they are trying to promote sales by showing quality and good warranty. not sure if its gonna work… maye for those who can keep thir mopar running for longer than 5 years…

might trade the durango in on a new one this winter

too bad all their cars suck balls

Who cares you aint paying to fix it?

i got a 04 durango and no real problems also has over 60k on it

Hmmm, this may sway my brother to an Avenger.

i really will consider a chrysler now. there job has worked in this case. maybe if i hold out for 3 months other companies will do this.

i cant believe that 90% of people on here are hating. this is gonna change the automobile industry… soon to follow all jap/euro companies also

thats what i was saying… to sell cars everyone will do it.

My wife bought one today. Can’t say the warranty had nothing to do with the choice.

id buy a mopar just for that reason

I like how everyone is saying oh their desperate. I think people are forgetting the automotive industry as a whole is. Not to mention, it’s a business, they are in it to make money, so whatever gimmick they come up with to drum up sales is just a fact of doing business regardless or how “desperate” people feel they are.

make sense to me. The One Time Profit of the car to the dealer means nothing. The majority of the time the dealer does not even make anything. They make money on service and part sales. What they are trying to do is getting people in the habit of always bringing their car to the dealership. I am sure they will get an exponential increase in service jobs because of this warranty. For clarification service jobs I am thinking are brakes, oil changes, alignments etc

Who cares you aint paying to fix it?

that barely matters they couldn’t pay me enough to spend the rest of my life in any of their boring turds

http://www.cerberuscapital.com/news_press_release_07132007.html

Benz is already out…Chrysler Corp is now part of a private company. The new owner is Cerberus Capital Managment. They own (controlling interest) rental car companies, OEM parts manufacturing firms, mortgage companies, GMAC Financial Services, Building Supply companies, Etc, Etc.