Chrysler Partners With Nissan

Talking with our sales rep from Dodge and he told me about this…thoughts?

http://www.leftlanenews.com/chrysler-nissan-to-partner-on-future-small-cars-trucks.html

Nissan and Chrysler are reportedly in talks to co-develop technology for future cars and trucks. The third largest Japanese and U.S. automakers are discussing the future development of trucks, small cars and engines. Nissan is interested in Chrysler’s expertise in trucks while the Cerberus-owned Chrysler is interested in access to Nissan’s small cars.

Nissan’s full size truck — the Titan — is currently the only truck in the segment with fewer than 100,000 U.S. sales annually. Chrysler’s Ram pickup is the third best selling truck in the U.S.

Chrysler’s interest in Nissan’s small cars is no doubt a direct result of stricter proposed CAFE standards. The energy bill containing the new CAFE standard was just passed by the Senate and calls for a 35 mpg fleet-wide average by 2020. With Chrysler’s lineup heavily favoring inefficient trucks and SUVs, a partnership with an expert in small car technology could help the Detroit automaker comply with new regulations.

According to Bloomberg, the talks do not involve purchasing equity stakes in either company.

Nissan recently announced that it will produce trucks for Suzuki and Chrysler will soon produce minivans for Volkswagen.

Chrysler was in a few months ago setting up Chrysler financial at our nissan store. interesting.

Oooh. A new Crossfire based on the 350Z platform would be a cool car.

GTR 300C SRT8

They are already buying a shitload of CVT’s from JATCO, which is a Nissan subsidiary.

if you can get the styling team from the 300C/Magnum to do something with that godawful Versa, I might be interested.

http://www.westherr.com/vehicles/2008NissanVersa.jpg

it’s a great car (i have a friend with one), but it’s uglier than a crackwhore catfight in a sewage treatment plant.

It looks a lot like your car. :smiley:

i’m sure to someone with a 20 year old mullet-car, they both look like “gul-durn spaceships!”

:finger:

no mullet or 3rd gen. your car still is ugly. i got a sweet grand am thank you so stickit :fart:

grand ams are for fat girls. you know the girls i’m talking about. they were kind of cute in high school, but those fat bitches have put on way too much weight, yet they still buy clothes from victoria secret’s PINK line. you can see the silk-screened letters stretched, straining to cover her whole ass… the bad tan… the fake blond hair… all the dangly shit hanging from the rear view mirror… and don’t get me started on how big the fucking keychain is…

don’t act like you don’t know what i’m talking about.

(note: the same girls, with slightly more money, can often be seen in base model 2g automatic DSMs or Eclipse Spyders)

na mines a 97 not a 2000

lawl

:rofl:

if they can get the styling of chry over to nissan and the reliability of nissan over to chrysler then they are set. but if it happens that the styling of nissan and the reliability of dodge interact WE ARE FUCKED

tell them to put a damn manual in the avenger already.

anything that Chrysler touches turn to shit. If Nissan had any brains, they would stay the hell away. Just put the CEO of Nissan on the phone with the CEO of Mercedes, that should be enough to keep them away.

lol ! my new sig