Civic Exhaust (stock)

Girlfriends car: 98 honda civic coupe DX automatic

Well he exhaust fell off where the downpipe meets the “catback?” even tho the cat is before the downpipe you know what i mean. She is a broke college student, so i did a good ol’ 9.75 fix (pipe and 2 clamps). Well tonight the welds on the resonator busted off the pipe and its dragging. But my ghetto fix is still kickin strong!

Where can i get this thing welded back on cheap!? Or even bypass the resonator w. a pipe? I can do it, but its already cobbed once no need for another.

So I need some prices if possible:

1- Downpipe and complete exhaust = ??
2- Weld the resonator back on = ??
3- Bypass resonator with a pipe = ??

Let me know, i need it fast.

Broadway muffler shop will probably be the cheapest place to go.
1270 Broadway
Schenectady, NY 12306
(518) 372-6150

yea chris does a good job with exhaust wont do aftermarket unless u know him thou

From napa the downpipe and “mid pipe” with all gaskets is a little under 200 dollars. Which isnt bad, maybe my buddy can hook me up at napa…

Call Broadway shop tomorrow see what they quote you. Usually its way bellow of what you thought you’d pay.
I got two of my cars exhaust problems fixed there.

1. Part of the exhaust went bad $30
  2. Muffler and section of the pipe was bad $75 w/muffler included
    They don’t rip people off and do a damn good job.

i garuntee its cheaper at broadway. I had a Full dual exhaust put on my grandprix for 150 after tax.

i think a stock civic exhaust will be cake.

shit i might beable to do it if we have wire here lol

what sucks is i cut the rusted flange off the end of the downpipe, so she definetly needs a new downpipe but for now she just needs it welded up/hacked up there just for a week or so. Im ordering a new downpipe/midpipe online for her end of this week, but she cant drive like this for 2wks. Ill call up broadway tmrw… wish someone locally could weld it up quick for some $$ and beer :slight_smile:

ill check tomorra if i can do it $20

thatd be a huge help!!! I mean i can cut the resonator off, and put another pipe in there but im tired of hackin it up in there…

bet ya i can get you a deal at pete’s if it falls through. one of the guys there is a personal friend of mine.

broadway muffler is a joke srsly. some of the stuff they’ve said to people/ work they’ve done is shit.

i have an exhaust that i bought for my 97 civic ex years ago thats sitting in my father in laws garage, not sure if it will fit your car or not but you can have it for $50. its a full exhaust with a magnaflow muffler

^^^ it’ll fit, same thing.

do it up be savin in the long run u think about it

eh i’m still not sure if it will, i never put it on my car. i bought it off my friend who had it in his 4 door and at the time we were pretty certain it would fit

yah its a 2dr DX… any part #s on it for me to research?

it was custom made

go to petes in schenectady cheap and good quality

Could bring it to Govel Welding on central ave.

dgage, let me know on that if possible. So what exact year/make model was it on?

I think i may just do a good ol temp fix again, that way she can get to an from school till the weekend. Then ill just replaced everything from the downpipe back…screw it