Recommendation Needed: Muffler shop --SOLVED!-- Thanks to Mufflerman!

Hi guys,

Long story short, the A-pipe on my car recently broke due to beautiful Buffalo’s salted road.

What’s more painful is that on my car ('03 Civic EX 4Dr), the A-pipe and cat is actually one unit and costs A LOT to replace.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/catimgs/13S5A0_B02.gif

I spoke with Don (Carnut) about this and he told me that he could not find any after market part for my car (thanks to the unpopular 7th-gen-civic…). Don suggested for me to go to a muffler shop who can weld stuffs.

Don’s recommendation is “MufflerMan” on Delaware.

Since this is my first time going to a muffler shop for welding purposes, I would really appreciate any referrals and suggestions you guys might have.

My only preference is that it’s close to UB North Campus, however, if there’s a really really good shop that’s not too close from Amherst area, please do let me know…

muffler man is probably the place to go for something like that

everyone on here will tell you to go to mufflerman on delaware

listen to Don

Well, I always use Norm’s Garage in Silver Creek, but that depends on how far you’re willing to drive.

I will say he’s old school and has done work on three of my cars, and I have nothing but good stuff to say about him. He does all types of vehicles and it’s always great work, fair prices and done quickly.

Thanks guys!

I am pretty sure with Don’s input. However, another set of recommendation/referrals doesn’t hurt… :slight_smile:

It appears to be green signal for MufflerMan from you guys as well…this really helps. Thanks!

BTW, any personal reference inside MufflerMan? Any mechanic you guys used to work with? Anybody there who knows NYSpeed?

mufflerman

It’s may be pretty pricey, tho, depending on what needs to be replaced/fabbed.

^As long as it costs less than $800, it is still better.

Stupid 7th Gen Civic and the all-in-one part.
:feck:

wouldent it be way cheaper to go on ebay and buy a whole aftermarket exhaust and just use the piece you need? dont really know what a 7th gen one would cost but i had a 94 and i think i paid 150 with shipping… something like this? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__2001-2005-HONDA-CIVIC-EX-EXHAUST-CATBACK-2002-2003-2004_W0QQitemZ350154928728QQadiZ2865QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item350154928728&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A543|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Sounds like a catback doesn’t really help him since the cat is part of the problem.

^Thanks, llink78, however, as JayS stated, unlike the 6th Gen Civics, the A-pipe and Catalytic converter in my car is one unit.

For 2000 Civic, the A-pipe itself costs $300+ to replace.

I didn’t get a chance to look underneath my car (thanks to all the slush out there). However, I am 99% sure that the leak came from underneath the engine. Therefore, it’s gotta be the A-pipe.

Indeed.

I often sprayed the catback with water. However, I couldn’t get into the A-pipe area…

mufflerman is very reasonable and there is no haggling. you should try them first, it’s like ten mins drive and they offer free estimate

Had some stainless bits done for the legacy. Inexpensive, quick, and good quality.

I’ve had excellent service from mufflerman. Always a quality job and very fast with a reasonable price.

Mufflerman is the shit. They repaired broken studs on a exhaust manifold on a camaro I had. Didn’t charge me outrageously either. Just go there.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Thanks to Mufflerman! They were awesome!!

They knew right away I got a problem once I drove into their driveway…The mechanic greeted me outside and immediately took my car into the shop.

5 minutes later, he told me that it’s not the A-pipe (pheew!) but only the bolts between the catalytic converter and the B-pipe. It rusted pretty badly and two out of three bolts popped out. The A-pipe and the cat still holding up strongly, no sign of “aggressive” cancer developing.

$45, that’s it. That includes labor and parts (new bolts and flange)!

I was like…“Dude, you saved my a**!!”

15 minutes later, it’s done. My car’s now as good as new. LOL!

I’m really impressed with their honesty as well. For all I know, they could’ve told me that they needed to replace certain pipe(s). However, they were really sincere and did what needed to be done. Quickly.

Thanks again to everybody.

:tup:

I’ve heard nothing but good things about that place. Definitely going there for my next exhaust job, which guessing by the ever increasing rumble I hear in the morning when the wife hits the remote start on the truck is going to be soon.

I love mufflerman! This goes back to 02 when Butch recommended them to me. I don’t think I have ever heard a story where they have wronged someone.

mufflerman is the cats pajamas

super honest dudes over there :tup: