Got a welder? Minor exhaust fab needed

anyone with a welder wanna help me out? i need a few small adjustments made to my catback (it’s on the car, and it’s stainless steel). would consist of cutting the piping, repositioning, and welding back into place. also want to patch up a hole where one of the hangers went bye bye. willing to give you some cash, case of beer, whatever. PM me if you’re interested.

16 views and nobody wants to make a few bucks?

hey norb, its probly because you need a tig welder and special wire/gas to do stainless properly, most guys probly dont have that laying around

You don’t need to tig stainless, My turboback is mostly migged…

However, i’m betting the job is probably more of a PITA than the OP suspects, so that’s probably why no one wants to do it.

If you wanna cut it I can weld it together for you with my 110, but I am not interested in rolling around under the car, etc.

^^^^^^^ x200

I have a purge lines and all the shit to do it with my Trailblazer 302, buuut.
Don’t have a lift.

it’s not a super complicated job, but it’s not a quick 5 minute thing. the hardest part is that it needs to be done while on the car so that i can check for clearance against the rear beam, etc.

in this case, can anyone recommend a place to get it done? i’ve had some stuff done at scrugg’s on transit before, they did an ok job.

mufflerman. they welded the mufflers on the roush. came out awesome. fit perfectly etc. they are on Delaware. and it would be better do fab your exhaust on a drive on lift anyway so the car is resting on the suspension

thanks mike. i’ll get over there later this week. never had stuff done there before, but i once went there for a quote for a custom exhaust when i just bought my car and was still retarded, and their quote scared the pants off me.

i can do it if you’d like. i have full access to my dads welding and fab shop, i seem to be doing alot of modified exhaust work latley.

does he have a lift there? it needs to be done on the car to check for clearance against the rear beam.

nope but we got a floor jack, lifts are overated, lol!

PMd ya,

I can do this. But honestly man, it’s the busy season, it’s not going to be a case of beer cheap. More like 4 cases of “premium” beer cheap. If I’m spending 2 hours of fabricating and welding using expensive equiptment (lift, mig, metal cutting equitment, metal) I’m looking for about $100 in return. PM if interested.

And not to be a dick, but your simple job all said and done will probably take 1-2 hours.

yea well, my exhaust is 1 whole piece from the turbo back… all welded, no flanges, 47 hangars. talk about a fucking PITA lol

cheaper than my rate!
i charge $72/hr for bullshit work, more for code work.
(really only making 25-30/hr profit after everything goes in to account, so stfu)

pm’ed

talked to silvia and nismotune.

99 CivicSi: i know it’s probably more work than it seems, i’m just being a cheap college student and trying to work out a deal. isn’t that how things always go? you think something will take an hour, and before you know it, it’s 2AM and you’re pissed off and swearing.

“sure honey, i’ll be ready soon. just another half an hour, i gotta finish this up”…

The cheapest way you’re going to get it done will be to pull off the exhaust yourself, cut it the way you want it, and bring it somewhere to have it welded. The welding is quick and easy, pulling it and cutting are the difficult and time consuming(read: expensive) parts.

yea, doing that doesn’t use many/expensive consumables, so it’s $$$ making time :]

but yea, take it off and you’ll probably be way more likely to get someone to do it from here.
otherwise a muffler shop is the way to go.
sometimes they’ll just do it for cash on the side if they’re slow.
that’s the way it went for me at least when my exhaust on the camaro was fucked and hanging off… lol.
i couldn’t fix it without it getting in the air, so they just did it really quick for 20 bucks.

if this can wait a month or so my uncles just finishing up training for manager of a monroe muffler now, he could get you a nice deal im sure