Civic Main Relay - No fuel

Alright, the car’s a '95 Civic CX with a B18b engine swap done recently. Upon attempting to start it for the first time, no fuel was being pumped through. The main relay kept clicking on and off pretty quick, so with a swapped relay it fired up.

The second time this happened was when it was ready for me to drive it home, when the same scenario happened again. This time, we swapped it out for the original relay and it ran fine.

The third time was a few hours ago after I got back from Autozone. I went out to go move my hatch and the relay started going nuts again. It had been running fine previously.

The swap was done fine as far as I know so there’s no issues on that front. It is running a little rich though, which I’ll be taking care of soon. Any ideas?

fuel pump could be shitting out.

Possible loose solder joints at the relay? Or a crappy ignition switch.

When you get the car started grab the key and wiggle it in the cylinder and see if the car stalls. Dont turn the key just wiggle it. If it stalls then the ignition switch could be at fault.

The solder joints in the relay look fine. It doesn’t look like any are cracked.

The previous owner/idiot wired up a key-less push button starter though. I did trace his work from the old wires to the new ones, then to the switches. I didn’t see any loose solders there either.

To be more specific, once I turn the power on (but not turn it over) the relay just keeps clicking over and over and over, then pauses for a fraction of a second for when the fuel pump is supposed to shut off. I don’t hear the fuel pump turn on or off at all during this.

you have a bad ground. the relay isnt getting full voltage. thermostat ground, trans ground , valve cover ground. go fix them.