CIVIC SI

Interested in buying one this summer. Almost did last summer. Seems like a good value.

Anyone have one?

Pros/Cons in your opinion??

Thx Y’ll

i was considering a new SI or a cobalt SS for a new DD… the jeep will be paid off in may so i can start looking for something new… i too would be interested to hear some opinions on this car

I love mine, but I think it might be up for sale towards the end of winter, start of spring.

White Sedan w/Nav and HIDs. Unmodded otherwise.

a lot cooler, Altima 3.5 SE Coupe

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=120849

i do love that car joe…

but ur still an asshole for posting it in here when i wanna hear about the SI lol

i own an 07 si coupe, and i absolutely love it. it is an excellent car for someone that wants a daily driver that handles well and has a little zip to it. i would highly recommend.

pick the si for the better chassis and the altima for the better daily driver / lux car.

My very good friend has an 07 Si sedan. I think its a very nice car. Handles very well, although you really feel the stiff suspension on bumpy roads but thats to be expected on a sport model. Gearbox is small and makes quick shifts easy. Plenty of room in the back too, which I was pleasently suprised about. Fantastic car all-around.

my friends mom has an Si, all i have heard about it is that it has some balls and still gets ok gas mileage

My room mate has an SI sedan that I got to drive around for a couple of weeks. I love Honda but I really wasnt to in to the SI. I dont see what a lot of the hype is surronding this car. Its a nice car but I dont think its all that everyone cracks it up to be. The interior is is hate it or love it and while I dont hate it, I deffinetley dont love it. The seats are comfortable but after 5k miles, his seats were already showing signs of wear along the leg bolsters. I weigh 175 and he weighs 150 so its not like we are fatties or anything so I dunno whats up with that.

If it was me, I would prob go for a Mazda 3.

Cliffs:
Drove car for ~1k over a couple of weeks
Nice car but not what its cracked up to be
I would look into a Mazda 3 (Base or Mazdaspeed)

yikes… idk about the mazda 3 comparision. not really even close there

i guess i shuda said coupe not sedan.

Sedan > Coupe :stuck_out_tongue:

si vs. speed3 is like a cheaper version of the M coupe vs. Cayman S argument.

when you drive the speed3 (M coupe) you manhandle it and make the road/racetrack your bitch.

when you drive the SI (Cayman S) it’s like every road was designed for it and you carve elegant, fluid lines

interesting

thanks for the input guys.

I have a Cobalt SS/SC as a dd. It does wonderful. Between that and the civic i would pick the cobalt. But obviously i am biased. Way more power stock with the Cobalt. However you resale value will be way better with the honda. Have you looked into a mazdaspeed 3?

civic is slow and overhyped/priced.

i disagree, and i own one. but you are obviously entitled to you opinion. it has lived up to, and exceeded my expectations.

I like the new civic si, the k20 is tits

Although I am a big fan of the Mazda 3. My friend has an 04 Mazda 3 and I absolutely love it. I would check out the Speed 3 as well as the Civic. Test drive a lot of cars before you have your heart set on anything.

I loved having a hatch for a daily when I had my SVT Focus.

its slower than my grandma mobile and costs alot for a so called economy car :shrug: