Civil Liberties At Risk?

Not aimed @ anyone in particular, just skimmed through the thread:

Welcome to capitalism… you know, the reason why we are #1 economy. :roll2:

The Patriot Act may not effect you if you don’t break the law, but thats not the point.
Yes, yes that is the point.
We have guidlines to follow when arresting someone, look at the Bill of Rights many of them deal with the right you have when you’re arrested and the Patriot Act goes agaisnt a lot of it.
I agree, but I’ve long been a fan of disposing of most civil rights once you violate the law.
Its not the first time this gov’t has turned away from the Constitution and it won’t be the last.
This government? As in the US going back 222 years, or just the last 7 years?

Defending one self isnt a principle of yours?

Waterboarding? Yeah, sure. Lets give the government the official green light to torture people as long as they claim to have a reason. (Waterboarding is when you’re strapped down, cloth over your face, then water poured on your head saturating the cloth and making it damn near suffocating. Bush vetoed a no-waterboarding bill a week ago.)
So, lemme ask: Do you feel that human intelligence (CIA, NSA, Locutus stylez) should be given more money & attention by the government?
If the first thing we do in the face of adversity is sacrifice our principles then we might as well dissolve the Senate now. Yes I know that it’s happened before and will happen again. Doesn’t make it right.
I agree that america on the whole needs to sack up, but that applies to all facets. Not just “I’m afraid, please enact more laws to protect me”, but how about not being afraid…? Are your (not you particular) SUV, DVR’d realty shows, and “right” to waste hours & hours a day on generally accepted trivial shit that god damned important, so much that they trump you’re ability to think critically?