Classifieds Prefix Comments & Suggestions

Woot I made the cut. Great idea btw.

Should do NWS: in pink.

Why mike you are quite the evil genius. I like the new sorting system. Nice work

No longer should you be changing your title to DELETE or removing any content from the add after it has sold. PLEASE PLEASE just change the thread prefix to “SOLD:” in the advanced edit window. It will make things even easier for everyone!!

:word:

It’s that simple. Once your item sells, just change the prefix to sold :tup:

Speaking of which, the sold prefix should be black. No sense drawing peoples attention to something that is no longer available.

Edit: or blue, whatever the default text color is

Colors are stupid.If you cant understand what FS or WTB stand for then stop using the internet.

The colors are temporary.

And they will stay spelled out. FS and WTB make sense to everyone who has seen it for years but not to new members or those who may not understand the automotive forum concept, but that we’re looking to attract. It’s only a few characters longer anyway.

And you don’t even have to type them out! :wink:

Dude, I think my dad wants to fight you now. He isn’t good with acronyms, but is 6’8" and 280lbs.

at least the mods wont have to add the fs: im pretty sure it got annoying asking everyone to add that to the thread :slight_smile:

You can’t see the prefix on the threads when using SkinLite Blue or the Aerohead Fluid forum style. I was wondering for a while why nothing seemed to change for me after this announcement.

lol, you actually use those? I checked them out and they still look like a shit sandwich.

They will be addressed in the near future. Function first, form later. :slight_smile:

I use the aerohead fluid. I prefer it actually.

I like the colors… however it’s showing me that this forum in pretty much turning into craigslist. LOL Every time I hit the new posts button, it’s 75% classifieds. Can we delete the classifieds from the new posts search?

X…

The classifieds have been a large part of this forums traffic for bout 3 yrs now… its just now you can see it in technicolor. :lol:

Removing them from New Posts has been discussed at least 2x before IIRC, and the consensus was that (at the time) people liked them cropping up in the new post search as it leads to impulse buys / sales - for example “Oh hey a WTB for a Muffler Bearing, sweet, I happen to have a few laying around!”

And… afterall, the classifieds does drive traffic to the site; type of traffic not withstanding.

Could there be a user CP setting that your could adjust what comes up or something sweet like that?

X…

There might be. We’ll add it to the list of a million things we’re working on :slight_smile: