Classified Section

Alright guys look, i know the weather is getting cold and we have more time to insult and ridicule one another. I have no problem with this whatsoever as im sure you all know.

HOWEVER, the classified section is NOT the place to bring this aggressions. Im sick and tired of rooting through countless threads, just trying to see if something has been sold already, but it takes forever because of pages full of elementary school hatred. You wouldnt walk into a bakery and call the manager an idiot because his bread costs 34 cents more then your friends bakery. So why do you think its any different to go into someones for sale thread and tell them they’re retarded for charging more then you think is fair. Its their shit alright, they can do what ever they like with it. You dont have to buy it, and no one else does either!

I asked bing to elect some more mods for the classifieds since i know mike and the other guy dont really have the time to hold all our hands through simple etiquette. Its amazing that it comes down to that, but some of you need to get a life if you have enough time to blast other people unprovoked.

agree? disagree? great thanks.

Ciarin stepping up to the plate, it would seem.

This reminds me of the great battle at Gargolia. It was between the gurgles and the gargles, needless to say who won…

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Also, I think we need a subforum / section for discussion of a higher nature.

How do you mean, a higher nature? As in a section with topics and debates that dont erupt in someone being called a moron when they raise valid points? Maybe one day… when we lose our 16 year old mentality haha

It should be on an invite-only basis haha.

You should not be able to reply to for sale threads.

If you would like to contact the seller, do it via PM.

/thread. I’m sick of it too, too many High School kids.

The only hate going on is in Sharp Corners threads.

If it can work on jdmr, where trolls, losers and kids flourish, it can work here.

ok, scenario: Lets say someone joins and is new to 240’s, and say someone is selling an item that really isn’t worth the price, for an example there was a HKS SSQV for sale for $250 a few months back, and the new persons PM’s him, since he can’t write on the thread. Then the guy selling the item says, “Yah man this is a great deal, brand new! Well worth the price” so the guy says “ok, sounds great” and gets ripped off.

Now, is that what a community does? Supports dbags?

tough call here.

there needs to be replies because people have questions that others are wondering and the answers should be public.

moderation is very light around here and has been for the last 3 years at least. I think that’s a good thing. It’s essentially self-moderated or peer moderated.

i’m not saying that i would be opposed to another moderator but i’ve never seen anyone do the job you want effectively.

i also agree that dylan’s threads are most likely to get silly because he’s spamming and flipping shit and it’s annoying but it’s not really hurting anyone and he’s not ripping people off… it’s just annoying. Since i’m a little annoyed by it too i either decide not to look at the threads or just don’t discpline people for being vocal about how it’s annoying.

i appreciate the concern here, and i hope you’ll agree that we’ve been largely responsive to most concerns, or as responsive as we can be, but i don’t see a quick and dirty fix to this to be honest.

nah i get what your saying, but a quick google would reveal what something costs. I know that when i buy something and i have no idea what they go for on average, i just search and see and offer accordingly.

i agree entirely, but its people like MKIV and whatnot who just go into threads and spam it up with useless hatred or other irrelevant banter. Ive been through threads before where the seller only has 2 posts but its a 3 page long thread.

i remember a few years ago there was a more strict policy on thread layout. there was an outline everyone was supposed to follow where things like location, price, ect… were all placed neatly at the top, but somewhere along the lines it fell off.

dunno, just thought it would be nice to clean up the FS threads a bit.

Yah, But some new 17 year olds, first car kinda thing might not.

Also, MKIV is a stupid troll that has been ruining threads for all 115 of his posts lol

i think the bandwagoning is done with by now. no one new is buying these cars. its time to bring the community closer together.

you are so wrong.

so, so, so wrong.

The bandwagoning in ontario hasn’t even hit its peak yet.

Wait till spring.

I think the trolling, the hatred, the ahmed, the dylan… all of it is awesome.

Epic lols every day.

Ban the straight trolls… MKIV, etc… but leave it as is. Son is not real life. I think unedited is the best form of communication… and if you made annoying mods like Face come back, I would want nothing to do with son.

IF Dylan is a huge scam artist… and someone wanted to know about him… son is 100% the best place to find all the dirt, considering everything can be seen in the open. If you have no dirt, then its no big deal.

Ahmed, Dylan, etc make this site hilarious to read.

^thank you.

Nothing to hide, nothing scammed, nothing wrong. I would act shady and not post up my name, number etc, if i thought or know i was in the wrong.

Mark, that coming from you, means alot to me, seeing as we youed to HATE eachother. lol

Hold on.

I didn’t say anything about you not having dirt.

You can be shady. My floormats are proof of that.

I was using you as a reference. Don’t take that too far.

Currently I have no problem with you whatsoever.

Synopsis: Dylan is okay right now, SON is hilarious and I love all the shitty corners of it, and farmer once tried to grab up on my hangdown. True story.

in regards to the format of forsale threads. i think that if a thread is not formatted how it’s supposed to be (price, location, will ship?, etc.), that the thread should just be deleted. then the seller will see and HOPEFULLY realize that they need to make a proper forsale thread. if they fuck up again, it get’s deleted again. i hate looking at horribly built forsale threads. haha.

i agree … thats what makes this forum great. everything is out in the open, there isnt a bunch of inter cops on this site deleting anything that might offend anyone.
i think we should remove post counts from the Classified Section that might stop the
“nice part”
“bump for a good seller”
“i wish i was 5 lug”
Bull shit and clean it up a little??

lul he thought u luved him for a sec

i agree that people should do a better job with forsale threads but i don’t really have time to enforce that.

the mods are quiet and i think for the most part we’re okay with that. If someone posts a shit thread just tell them its a shit thread.

everyone on here that matters posts acceptably.

i do beleive that we will add one super mod in the next couple months with some things we have planned but i can’t see anyone really doing what you want in the classifieds without coming off like a total dick. that’s entertaining to some, but take pittspeed for an example, they were too hard on noobs for too long and ended up here with us…lol… we’re super easy on everyone and as a result even though the 240sx is a minority car we’re still quite active… more active than national forums for more popular cars.

so in conclusion, buy parts from me.

just gonna add my two cents here. Don’t hate its just my oppinion.

I’ve been off son for like a couple months with work and school and such and…

I was actually getting pissed with all the trolling. Looks like 4chan here! I looked up a couple 4sale threads and some random car chat/ build threads and all it is is hate and random troll posts. Its kinda outa hand cause its no longer fun to scroll through the build threads and fs threads when its just uneducated dinks talking like their word is law. Its a shame really cause i loved looking at the drama of ahmed vs. world. But now it seems like he has some friends and its more like 4chan trolls/MKIV/Ahmed vs. world. There may not be a deffinetive answer as to what we can do but i hope it cleans up before spring. Sad part is that all the respectful and mature guys on here don’t bother to respond to the crap thats being said, or even participate in the threads anymore just to avoid problems. Maybe tougher mods is the way to go, or maybe we should just collectively ignore these guys until they leave and/or shutup?

Again don’t hate its just what i have noticed. Not saying its true but i think we can all agree on some of what i have said here.