Do you like the new classified section?

Real simple. Yes or no, 50/50 split.

I don’t care if you’ve used it or not, just curious.

Fuck, I made the poll private by mistake. Whatever.

I don’t like it.

REF:http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showpost.php?p=806147&postcount=141

no

this is getting locked lol.

no. i dont.

I like it, it keeps the bs down. I see what is there and PM someone. Easy. Effective.

it “unprotects” certain users in potentially regretful purchases…

if i want to buy a car that ****** is selling, and i post up that im interested, my friends will know to warn me if they are aware of the said cars issues…

from a selling point of view, it also allows people to see ALL interest in the car and it generates urgency to help “push” a sale…

i dont like the new system, there have been numerous items that i’ve been semi interested in, but decided not to pm the user… (obviously my interest wasnt too great) but who knows

its lame. Conversation in the forsale thread can help sell or inform people.

its sucks.
its a pain.

Its fine.

No different from eBay,craigslist or the local newspaper.:gotme:

There was a couple items I wanted to inquire about but I didn’t feel like doing the PM game so meh

+1

Exactly.
I don’t know many of the users here personally.
But if I see a ton of well known people saying, Bump for great dude, Solid car, blah blah.
I can feel pretty confident about not getting shafted.
But now it’s kinda like ehh…
I don’t really know.
It’s nice not having all the BS and shit.
and there’s not 15521 bumps a day.

But I prefer the old way IMO.

That way you can also add in info about something.
Like if someone is selling something, and the person selling it doesn’t know much about it… Another person can add in some info that the poster had left out or whatever.
Helps move things along?
I don’t know if I’m making any sense, but whatever.

yeah but items will NEVER be bumped, so most items will go un noticed, thus making the classifieds less useful.

edit: and, another thing. I know that for a lot of people, the classifieds, are the only reason they visit nyspeed. ( not me, but co-workers, friends of mine) and idk how mnay people do, but whenever i visit, i click the “New Posts” button, these new rules render that function useless, at least in terms of the classifieds.

YOU CAN BUMP UR THREADS BY RESPONDING OR EDITING

can only bump once every 2 weeks it says I think though.
Excessive bumping and what not = ban

ugh, im aware that bumping is technically still possible. However, excessive (more than 1) bumping results in banning, and by bumping i also meant responses and/or questions that bring threads back to “the top”. I didn’t think i needed to spell that one out…

i am wondering how many of you ever amde it to page 2 of the classifieds. its really not that hard if you dont spend all your time going through 13 pages of crap per thread in ot every day.

i like some things about it and not others.:blah:

sucks

I don’t like it for the fact that basically no member can vouch for items, and if a seller doesnt know an answer to a question he will probably lie, or post pictures from 3 years ago.

You go to check out the car and see a rot box, therefore wasting everyone’s time.

And then there are the relus of excessive bumping.

In my FS mustang thread, I have some extra parts for sale, and some parts I probably didn’t list. So what if I sell a battery one day, sell an MAF the next, sell injectors the next, sell blower next day, and then add parts on the car I forgot to list.

So I’m assuming thats excessive bumping even though I’m just letting members know whats not left of the car/parts.

Also, say somebody is selling a car, and asked what does it run in the 1/4 or 1/8 when the owner has never ran the car. Another member with a similar setup would chime in and say "I have a similar setup and ran a xx.xx at xxx mph.