Do you like the new classified section?

By bumping they mean literally saying "BUMP"or “TTT”

You can update and add info/pics.

i dont mind the limitations set on bumping threads…when you post a new thread, every user will see it under new posts when they first sign on, so essentially you’re guaranteed that every user will see it when they first sign on after you’ve posted the FS or WTB thread…so bumping will essentially only make it appear again to people that have already seen it…so this i understand.

not being able to critique/publicly exploit a seller/buyer is bad though…every buyer/seller has the right to know what they’re getting into regarding dealing with a particular individual…and even though advice regarding a particular seller/buyer can also be taken care of via PM’s, how can friends know when to warn other friends about said buy/seller unless they can see in the first place that a certain individual is interested in dealing with the seller/buyer?

Agree

on some of the Z boards i’ve seen a similar setup where nothing can really be posted in the actual FS thread…but there’s a buyer/seller feedback subforum where people can post up their stories on deals/purchases they’ve made with particular individuals. I wouldn’t mind this new classified system if we had someplace to post up our thoughts on certain sellers and/or buyers.

on the z boards i mentioned, they have 3 sections i believe:

parts/cars for sale.

parts/cars wanted.

buyer/seller feedback.

i think a system like this would be a lot more useful/effective…that way we all know who to trust, who to look out for…and all the bullshit is avoided in the actual classified threads themselves.

Trader feedback like that is good, but how many people are going to go out of their way and type up a positive sales transaction if it doesnt benefit themselves?

I would because it goes both ways, both of you leave other people feedback.
Example:feedback for Cky89 - PbNation

I guess you really loved the shark meat that much eh?

Its Gay, everyone know its but what will be done with it, probably nothing. Thats why I have been spending more time else where. I’m sure nothing will come of this, its sad that this got so out of control. Do we the people mean nothing to NYSPEED? Does our opinions mean nothing as well? Vote for me on election day and I will bring change to this board, vote for me Mayor Goldie Wilson as head of NYSPEED’s Classified section. Thank you.

Agree. One of the large benefits classifieds sections of forums have over things like the newspaper, craigslist, etc. Without allowing replies, this benefit is gone.

Big :tdown: in my book.

I don’t like it, but I also do not pay any money to post here or go to meets :slight_smile:

What I liked was that people could interject their opinions/experiences…
Sometimes I think it was even useful.

Also, a lot of cars for sale here have minor problems that the seller doesnt want to or know how to fix. A guru in that field can chime in and say “hey u need a new _____” and problem solved.

Instead, these gurus wont want to chime in wasting time through PM and demotes the seller’s item.

I think open discussion is key in auto trader sections AT LEAST.

Exactly.

i dont like it

my thoughts exactly

Addition to my last post:

Then you have other threads of, “Whats wrong with my car? How do you fix this? blah blah blah” when it can all be in the FS thread and potential buyers can see that proper repair that vehicle needs instead of more threads being created and potential buyers won’t search for shit like that.

Parts on the other hand, doesn’t really need open discussion, although it would benefit.
Ex:
FS GT35RS Turlbochargerski
buyer: how much power will this make on my b18c1?
seller: I’m not sure I never used it but its rated at a million horsiepowers
layzie: I made 600whp with that sweet turbo
seller: buy it and be as cool as kevin!
buyer: consider it sold

Not if it stays civil. Quantifying what percentage of the board likes it is a good idea.

I’m on the fence. I like the new system, but I don’t buy/sell a lot and there are some pretty valid arguments against it.

so Fry how do you feel about my comments?

oh and u ignored my PM :frowning:

lol, does there have to be a thread a day?

there has only been one poll and it was locked. this one is fairly low BS. (i think a lot of this has to do with the fact that certain mods aren’t coming in here and telling us that we are all wrong/they don’t give a shit, etc etc)

except for ebay you can add comments and update your auctions :\

why dont we just make it so you cant reply to any threads, just post a topic and then pm people replies…it will work great i tell ya…