Do you like the new classified section?

(PS: you can do that now)

Yeah, your comments were some of the good arguments against the new system that I was referring to.

As for your PM, fuck I forgot about it. Been busy. Hold on…

I understand that, i’ve been here all week (slow as shit @ work). One poll, and 14 or so threads.

W/e. GLWP. :stuck_out_tongue:

No.

And I don’t care that buyer/seller feedback is coming because item feedback is much more important.

Really? I’d say they are closer to 50/50.

Back when there was trader ratings, I know I was swayed by a couple of bad ratings against one person, even though I wanted the part that they had.

$0.02

lets say i bought some of the shark meat that was for sale… and it got me sick from it… how could i effectively notify everybody that there was something wrong with the meat… or if not everybody, but how would i know that some of my closer friends were at risk if they had the slightest interest? (I wouldnt because all messaging to the seller would be through pm)

it would be a pain in the ass to notify a mod, esp if the seller was being uncooperative…

its examples like that, that make me dislike the system a lot

Even IF you notified a Moderator… they supposed can’t read PMs.

Well, sure you could fwd the PM to them, but you can edit out the quotes & make up what you want (on both sides of the issue).

So what, now you have to screen print your PM convos for proof of malice?

I’m not a very active member but I do browse the board a lot threw out the day so take my opinion for whats its worth. There is a thread for snow tires that are 4-sale. I have these tires on my car and I feel it would be beneficial for the seller and a potential buyer to here my opinion on them. But I cant :tdown:

in other words, your opinons are meaningless here. Stop trying. :shrug:

But don’t worry, there are upgrades on the way!! And Banners are gonna be fixed!!! And, and, and…

I like it cause it keeps out the trash talking and not-serious lowballers. I do not like it cause the threads go un-noticed and people I know can no longer vouch for shit. I do not mind using pms to work out a deal, no different then posting in a thread aside from one or two extra clicks.

Post like yours which have nothing to do with the thread are the reason it was changed.

Definitely not 50/50 for me.

Example, someone I know is an asshole is selling a car. If lots of people I trust vouch for said car in the FS thread I’d probably be willing to overlook the douchebagitude of the seller.

Or, on the flip side, if the seller is really respected but everyone says the car is beat and a POS, I wouldn’t be willing to overlook the item feedback.

So to me anyway, item feedback > seller\buyer ratings.

Did someone say it sucks because no can air out the car’s dirty laundry?

Yeah, that makes it suck, hard.

he was agree with you and backing you up. :ham: lol.

No.

-The no replys thing is just silly, it’s a forum.
-The group membership while it will weed out stupid users. It will result in a never ending barrage of “how 2 post” threads.
-It would appear a majority would not want it.
-Less attention to ads in general
-Replies should be allowed, however that section should be strictly monitored. With temp-bans for anyone attempting to drag a item wanted or for sale off topic.

On the plus side:
-It keeps oh man I wish I could buy it.
-Or the it’s a fucking <insert item here> it’s a pile of shit
-Keeps the drama down
-No more conversation posting

Over time it might work out okay, but here and now it’s a ways off.

pretty much how I feel about it aswell

and :lol: @ Skurge

No: I came across a thread where someone was clearly selling something for more than it costs new. Couldn’t call them out for being homogay.

I don’t see an option for “Fucking sucks”

looks like my estimate of percentages or people who dislike the trader, less than 100%, more than 50% but closer to 100% than 50% is turning out to be accurate.

ouch! shit, i just sprained my shoulder patting myself on the back! :smiley:

thats actually one of the things I really liked about dealing with people on this site. If someone was overcharging or intentionally selling junk/trying to rip someone off… 9 times out of 10, they’d get called out on it. On the flip side… if someone was selling something decent, they’d get people vouching for the product or person selling.

in that aspect NYSpeed > ebay > craigslist > local swap sheets

now NYSpeed = ebay > craigslist > local swap sheets