who thinks they went overboard with Classifieds?

How long are they locked for?

im just curious who else thinks its Out of control.

(dont use this to bash on the site please)

I Understand limiting the bumps, that is perfectly fine.

Buttttt not being able to edit the first post, which effects NOTHING
is WEAK.
I like editing my first post to reflect sales.

I Dunno I really liked this forum because it seemed it was not over modded.

That’s not the case anymore :frowning:

You don’t read so well eh?

what did i miss?

You can create a FS thread but that is all. If you excessively bump your own thread which means if you exceed one bump per 2 weeks, you will be banned for 3 days, your thread will be deleted and you will lose your classified privileges for a month. If you need to make changes to a thread, such as selling price or to add pictures, that is allowed. DO NOT take advantage of this since it will bump your own thread. If we see any kind of excessive repeated price changing, etc, you will be banned for 3 days, your thread will be deleted and you will lose your classified priviledges for one month
Now I’m sure it is up to Mod interpretation, but I’d imagine excessive price changes being akin to going from $100 to $99.95, to $99, etc.

:gotme:

Yes, it seems like a cumbersome model, but an effective one.

i’m a member of a few places where the structure is similar… and sales still happen.

:tif:

yeah it says you can make a post in your thread to reflect sales.

But I Liked to Edit my first post, so it Dosent bump my thread at all.

where does it say no more editing? :shrug:

I’ve found that after some time (weeks or maybe months) you cannot edit a post, but this is universal to the board.

Given the number of tards that felt entitled to give their opinion shitting on someone’s sale, I think this system is just fine. You don’t get to edit a classified ad in the paper do you? You don’t call someone on autotrader to tell them that their price is too high do you? The system makes sense to me.

I call people on autotrader to tell them they fucking blow and their prices are too high. Thats cool right?

Yeah but it’s not a week to week classified, where it dosent rerun.

I Could probably List everything one piece at a time in seperate ads.

But i dont, to save clutter on the forum, i make big posts with Alot of stuff.

Its aggervating to get pm’s 2 months after smething is sold.

Meh Forget it, I Knew it wasn’t long before this forum turned into every other forum on the net.

Some things are too good to be true.

Call me reasonable, but editing a thread to reflect a sale isn’t excessive updating.

:shrug: Just don’t sell stuff on here if you can’t handle it or you’ll be bumping a thread everyday? Sure there’s a classifieds section, but this is still a message board not craigslist.

Obviously if you need to change your asking price you can. Just don’t do it 5 times a day.

I don’t really use the classifieds so what you guys do is up to you.

shouldnt you be WORKING! :stuck_out_tongue:

:tup:

I think communicating threw PM’s only is retarded. Being able to reply to the f/s thread has a ton of advantages. Just ban the asshats who fuck it up.

Too much hassle to buy something on here now for us lazy/busy folks… I’ll stick to ebay now. Replying to FS threads is a good thing considering people can offer points/advice/insight on the seller or object being sold…

new rules ftl.

i like the idea … there are some ads where the first 20 posts are the seller bumping .old school ubrf i rember if there was to many bumps it would get locked or just taken off…i know i have done it …also its good b/c you dont get the asshats in there saying your shit sux and i dont like it … now there is no one that will eff. your sale but yourself :gotme: agian i like the new system and it should have been done a long time ago…

and for a new guy it will be easy for you to get used to the new adjustment

And that is exactly why the new system is necessary.

Now THERE is a valid point. :tup: