who thinks they went overboard with Classifieds?

if they really want to give insight to the seller and are that passionate/caring about letting the seller know they should pm them

im sure this is only a few month thing

this is a terrible system. I am fine with the bumping limits, however i think that the “no replying to threads” portion of it is a shitty idea.

SOME threads get out of hand. Some. However, the number of threads with VALID questions that elicit VALID answers, answers to questions that i may have never thought of, far outnumbers them.

As such, i don’t think that the path that has been chosen is the most effective. I think harsher moderation of the classifieds would take care of the problem. If someone wants to fuck around, then ban them from the classifieds for a month. This new solution is a cheap way out.

A far better system (yet still shitty) would be akin to ebay’s ability to post a question and it’s answer. Yes, ideally the original poster would have the drive to post up the answers to PM based questions at his discretion, but realistically it’s not going to happen, because it’s a pain in the ass and time consuming.

Imagine that you post up an advertisement for an item, but leave out information that may not be an important detail, but still will be of concern to many people. This will happen to the best of us, even, say, someone who is totally full of himself and thinks that they know everything (like RX3). Imagine, if you will, that you sign off for 3 days and return to 50 PMs with the same question. All of which need to be sorted through… this is going to be a real pain in the fucking ass.

Now imagine that someone else simply made a post in the original thread asking “xxxxx?” Would the same 50 people really ask that?

I think that certain people are just too uptight about the classified section.

Another example. When i was selling my elise, people cross posted it to a number of various forums. Would these people have still done something so thoughtful if they were not going to be able to be globally recognized for doing so? Would they still have sent me a PM saying “hey, i posted this on XXXX.org for you” if everyone else on the site wouldn’t know that they did such a nice thing? In a perfect world, of course. But this is NYSpeed. People like being involved with things, especially online.

If it’s a perceived problem (which i never felt it was), this is NOT the solution.

fully agree :tup:

Meh, Im half and half on it.

Prevents some people like myself form saying omfg I WANT but have no money.

and lowballers and ppl talking shit about what your selling.

it takes too much effort to talk shit via pms so ppl wont do it.

I like it in some aspects and dont in others

the original toejam and earl (for genesis) was so fucking hard.

lol…

you and this damn game.

i thought jon was so l33t…

he cant find it?

It was extremely hard, and would get me pissed off. But for some reason I always played it.

He doesn’t want me to have it because I will take over the XBOX day and night. If I have to drive 1 hour to Plattsburg I will because they have 1 copy. But maybe someone has it here - i paypal- you mail? :slight_smile:

We’re going to allow you to lock/unlock your own threads (once we run some tests). That way, if something is sold or a WTB is filled, you can indicate as such by locking your thread and everyone will know it’s no longer available. We didn’t announce this yet because we are still testing a few things.

We are seriously considering some other featues, and those will be announced later (if they pan out).

Valid questions can be fielded and answered via PMs.

If you want to post your Q/A in your classifed thread so others don’t ask you the same question, that is fine. That’s why you can reply to your own thread.

I Agree with Newman aswell.

We have the no bumping rule on crxcommunity. which means you cant type b ump TTT or any of that, but cana nwser questions add pics. cant say still forsale or anything.

But we are encouraged to edit the first post to reflect price changes or sold items.

Here ill copy n paste the rules for the mods / admins.

the ommited rules are about it being CRX related as this is from a Crx site but ehres the gist of it…

1. Classifieds are for personal ads only. No business sales. No continuous profit sales. No sales on behalf of a 3rd party. (ie: No selling on behalf of your friend’s friend’s cousin. We want sellers and buyers to be interacting directly with each other.)

2. No disrupting or interupting someone else’s ad. No jacking someone else’s ad. (ie: attempting to attract buyers to your items by interupting someone else’s post) If you are not genuinely interested in the item listed, do not post. Serious inquiries only.

3. No bumping of topics. (ttt, ^^^, bump, etc). This includes making pointless posts on a topic just to get it to the top of the list. The only time that the author should post on their own ad is to answer questions from other members. Any new information or changes should be added by editing the original post.

there are other things to look at and im sure you guys have …in some aspects it may be better to get a few more mods and just have them only mod the FS areas and there is the second (if this could be done) where the sell has the power to mod only his post …ex if something was said that the seller did not like he could just delete it

I actually agree with Newman entirely.

We’re going to allow you to lock/unlock your own threads (once we run some tests). That way, if something is sold or a WTB is filled, you can indicate as such by locking your thread and everyone will know it’s no longer available. We didn’t announce this yet because we are still testing a few things.

We are seriously considering some other featues, and those will be announced later (if they pan out).

Valid questions can be fielded and answered via PMs.

If you want to post your Q/A in your classifed thread so others don’t ask you the same question, that is fine. That’s why you can reply to your own thread. (a la ebay)

As for crossposting threads to other forums, you can still do that via the “send to email” links or just copy and paste the link from here to there. None of that has changed.

Locking it only works if you sell one thing at a time

IE if you list more then one thing in a thread its pointless.

Its almost like your encouraging us to make 75 posts for 75 parts instead of one.

I dunno, i hope the site dosent take this wrong.

They have to expect some opposition on things like this.

I personally like the approach of them talking with us.

Theyre not going with the Homo sad way out and saying

“its a private forum if you dont like it leave”

I respect that alot

so if we get a pm with a vaild point of info we can quote it and post it in there ???

now will get a pm telling us you are bumbing to much or posting to many usless pm’s or is it just a ban?

your dumb there is still an edit …just say sold or take it off …i dont get why you are so mad about this

ahh no edit butten here …ok i just saw that there is no edit butten on any FS …i hope mods can add that

I think it will go through its learning curve and then it will just simply be the way things are.

If you dont like it use craigslist. If we as a community didnt fuck it up in the first place, it wouldnt have had to be changed.

The lack of self policing on this board has resulted in more moderation for better or worse.

Let’s see how it goes and odds are it will serve its purpose. If you are going to sell something on here and someone wants it, it will sell.

Give it a chance.

Yes.

Thank you, someone is actually thinking :tup:

I think the new system is dumb because it implies that their shouldn’t be an entertainment value to the for sale forum.

not RX3!

check it again. There should be an edit button now.

i lol’d

give it time, im sure it will work out. if it doesnt, they’lll change it. i believe in the moderators :heart:

^^ WIN

nice ok he is still dumb :gotme: