Bumping Threads In FS

I was just looking threw the threads i think we should be able to bump after 3 days. The cycle will go faster.

Just a thought.

i agree with keez. lots of ppl need to get rid or their stuff fast. if you allow bumps every 3 days then ppl could sell their parts faster, and old threads wouldnt be active as much. anyways just a though.

Thirded. Mainly because chris is adorable.

hmmm… maybe.

We may consider a change in this dept. I’ll keep you posted.

thanks.

awesome.

Noted, good suggestion.

The active members will have their FS threads closer to the top more often.

thanks richard.

Every 7 days is the rule. Stick with it, or get suspended.
There should also be a 20 post minimum to post in the fs section. It should be set up automatically so it doesnt have to be “policed”.

im ok with the every 7 day bump rule, however a 20 post minimum is ridiculous…

WTF are you even talking about? This is a suggestion made by members and being consdered for review by the admin staff… We’re looking at revising this to a 3 day bump cycle… I don’t know that our FS forum is busy enough to warrant it though…

i agree every 3 days is alot better allows for more flow of Fs thread and the faster items get sold the faster old fs threads get taken off the board. 7 days is way to long

re

Let’s do it for every 4 days.

hmm. any word on this?

I’ve noticed that the for sale section has actually got much better. People are finally combining their threads vs having many different threads and its cleaned things up nicely.

I personally feel the 7 day rule is fine and people who want 3 or 4 day bumps instead are simply in a hurry to get rid of their parts or need the cash, or in other words, are simply using the forum to make money or get rid of parts.

And I also agree that their should be some type of minimum post count required before being able to use the for sale sections as it would eliminate people signing up strictly to post a car for sale etc…

i think new members should be on a trial basis. couple weeks or posts?

because honestly. this site is fuckin bombarded with idiots. i understand everyone has their moments…but shit is getting ridiculous.

I really like the idea of new site members (not club members) not being able to post in FS section for a probationary period.

I agree as well to the above.

I really did not think any one would agree. Yet, if you just take two seconds to consider the changes;

Simply put, Less bullshit and yes less members. Is this a popularity contest? I believe that this should be an enjoyable place for real SON members. Not just an e-party and free auto-trader for people.

I would say making the fs section strictly to members. Even I think that is pushing it however.

Poll in the members section with options???