For Sale Section

Yes yes. I know this has been brought up a bazillion times. Yet I am noticing A LOT of people with 1 or 2 post counts…join date of the day they created the thread. No intro (which I thought was required as a first post?)

Their threads to say the least 90% of the time are garbage. Regardless if they have an “old username” or not. I would not trust.

I still stick to my guns with regulating the FS sections. The FS sections are literally polluted with useless threads that are complete garbage. Which in turn push away the “Paid Members” and serious sellers threads. A bump every 7 days is in no way enough any more.

Now unless I have missed a change or anything like that. I think something may need to be done.

Just my 2 cents…don’t shoot me down!:wink:

nobody follows the rules anymore, i don’t think the Mods really care anyways they don’t seem to do anything but move good threads from the Car chat section to members sect. so people can buy a membership.

pretty much all this bitchin is gunna make you sound like a baby. they don’t care.

i always wanted to suggest a members only for sale this would solve alot of 87s15lt1’s complaints

should make it so you have to have X amount of post’s before you can make a FS thread
say like 15 posts to show your real in some way before making crummy adds to view

Should have an X amount of posts to make a thread period. Just my 2 cents though.

agreed something needs to change

or thread delete if there are no pictures. nobody wants to waste time on anything they have no idea about before they spend hours getting there. even the email me for pics thing is annoying. just post the damn pics, and let everybody look at them.

pics arent really always necessary for shit like a turbo timer or some random electric stuff, but for things like wheels or body parts they are needed for sure…

i was mostly talking about full car FS threads, sorry, it was late.

Actually this post makes you sound like a baby.

His post brings up a valid point.

I’m pretty sure it’s fairly simple to set up in the forum DB to have it only allow posting in the FS section after x number of posts, but I could be wrong, I haven’t looked at forum coding in years.

I have a suggestion:

Only Paid Members are allowed to post in the “for sale” section.

That will keep out any people just joing to post there garbage. Many other online forums are set up like this. Guests can view the for sale section but are not allowed to start a new thread unless they are paid members.

I dont agree with the “no pictures = thread gets deleted” idea. I think some for sale posts dont really need pictures.

For example, “HKS 555 top feed injectors for s13-14 SR20, brand new” – clearly describs itself fine without pictures, although they never do any harm.

If you are posting a used item such as a car its pretty fucking common sense to post a picture. People who dont are just fucking dumb at life.

how many paid members are on son vs. unpaid…

90% of ppl on son are here for classifieds and post once in a while for the fuk of it.

making the classified section for “members only” would render son a complete waste of space.

my $0.02

I think like a lot of other forums there should be a minimum post limit that has to be reached before

you can post in certain sections, like the classifieds. In my opinion 15 post is a small number, people

would just go around putting in small one line comments everywhere, should be something substantial

like 50-100 post before u can touch the classifieds. Realistically anyone on this site either owns a 240

or at one point did, so they would easily get to that limit. Only people that would have difficulty getting

that kind of post are people that don’t have any real business here, ie. scammers.

minimum post of 20 post before selling is allowed

Fuck this minium post shit.

Paid members ONLY.

If people have stuff to sell, they will contribute there fucking $10 to SON in order to sell there shit.

It helps SON grow.

My 2cents is that is should be easier to pay there $10. SON needs to accept VISA online. Or have some kind of payment member signup page.

Charge $40. Send everyone who pays a little hard card with there membership # so they feel special

^^ most ppl on here buy for non-paying members… so paying thing wouldnt work out to tuff, cause Kijiji is free. some forums dont let you post anything at all till you been on there for more than 7 days… minimum is the way to go!!

exactly, kijiji is free. so if you dont want to pay the fucking $10 to become a member here to post ur shit for sale then you can go fuck off to kijiji.

I really think SON should try and increase the number of paid members.

They could also make other incentives such as “paid memebers receive an additional 5% of good from Vendors”

So what if the only reason someone wants to join the forums is to sell something?

Let them pay SON and sell away.

Do you want to make friends with every fucking car person by making them chat to you first or something… Thats fucked

5% isnt jack… well on lower priced items… i been on SON for long time and really im not going to pay to watch youtube vids and stuff… just my opinion. no forum out there from what i seen makes you pay to sell products. we suppose to be like a family if you will and family dont let family pay to sell