old threads....

I notice every once in a while a few old threads pop up being bumped by people who weren’t the original thread starters. i was thinking is there a way that the thread could have a default to lock them after 1 month of no activity there for creating less problems from members.

No :slight_smile:

there are often reasons to bump olds threads… Though yes it is often the case where its just some newb who didn’t look at the date.

if you see a retardly old dead thread that was bumped just report it and itll get locked

ok i can see that but still there should be some sort of a default time span for a old thread to be locked nobody wants to see a 6 month old fs or wtb thread bumped like that kid who was looking to buy a turbo he bumped like 6 threads that were over 6 months some even 1yr common Bing you got to see my point in this :slight_smile:

in that case he should pm…

but if we lock it then the seller ends up starting a new thread if the item hasnt sold.

i have a few threads that are several months old for items that havent sold yet.

even in the chat or tech sections there are threads over a year old that are still relevant.

I am sure a case could be made to support your suggestion, but really the way things are now has no serious drawbacks… you’d be making unnecessary changes to something that isnt broken… it’s semantics. Or a case of people just making changes because they can… and the more often that happens the more confusing things get.

i guess its just i find it frustrating some times, that people cant read dates for threads. seriously is it really that hard to read dates ? am i missing the big picture or something? … again just my .02¢

im with not locking em up, there is some funny ass shit to be found backintheday. and if someone bumps it up its always an amazing laugh.

if it’s a techinical problem that someone needs some more info then it’s understandable

im more focussing on the classifieds section of the forum .

I really don’t think this is a big issue… I don’t see a problem with a potential buyer bumping an old thread to see if the sale is still active. There are a lot of odd parts that never sell and the seller should no be punished for it.

When we go through the FS section and see that someone has posted “Sold”, we close the thread… I’ve even done searches for the word “sold” and run through the list to lock threads up.

what is boost-hungry;s problem – this thread is just one big waste of time…my 2cents

What kind on contribution to SON is that? STFU

Not to say that I agree with Boost Hungry. Yet, the classifieds could use some more strict rules.

No matter how much one bitches and complains about something. If there is not enough support behind it. It wont change.

One thing I don’t like seeing; People having multiple FS or WTB threads open all asking to sell or buy one or a couple items. Put it ALL in one thread. It is not fair to others.

bring back the edit button so we can all add to our wtb or fs threads.

Edit: nvm lol