Classified's Poll

Cast Your vote…

Go back to the way things were
Exactly what it says. Perhaps with a little more moderation.

Keep it gay (Current format)
Keep things they way they currently are…gay

Make the current format less gay with trader feedback

Keeping the same format as it has been recently changed to, but add
trader feedback, to help avoid scams and/or deadbeat seller’s/buyer’s.

Moderate your own classified threads
Going back to the way things were, but allowing the seller’s to moderate their
own threads, giving them the power to close their threads, weed out irrelevant
comments/posts etc.

Other
If choosing “Other”, Post up how you think it should be.

why dont you make this a poll?

i vote for the way things were

poll coming…

edit: Poll up

i think the changes are a step in the right direction to be honest…too many people use posts like “GLWS” to up their post count…and there tends to be no thread that goes without some sort of trash talking. trader feedback would be a great addition however

+1 for trader feedback

Exactly. This is why, if we moderate our own threads, we can weed out nonsense like “GLWS” and other useless posts…

And what does post count even matter on this site? it’s not like you have to have x amount of posts before you can even see the classifieds…much like a TON of other boards i am on have.

the self moderation thing will never work. the first time someone says something negative about the item or the seller, it would get deleted, leaving a false sense of seller and product positivism

So… Can you figure out why moderating your own thread is a terrible idea?

Did you get it yet? Think about the fundamentals of buying and selling, and why you want the threads open…

OK, here you go: You want the threads open so that people can add valuable information, correct? Do you “trust” the seller to allow both negative and positive feedback, as long as it’s on topic?

Come on guys, you say you want threads open so that valuable feedback can be added but then propose a system that will bias the feedback towards the seller 100% of the time?

FAIL.

OMG MikeRi beat me to the logic! :clap:

And he beat the rest of you too! For shame!

i havent had a problem in any of my threads with trash talk.

ive seen threads like that, but people on this forum are Generally not all screw ups.

Were all just very opinionated.

and ofcourse from New York, which means we hate everyone, including each other.

+1 for self moderation

Edit/ negative should be welcome if its constructive.

Like if someone is selling a game for ps2 that he wants 10$ for, and its clearly 3.99 at gamestop.

someone can say the game is 3.99 at gamestop.

They should be able to control themselves and not result to middleschool name caling.

valid point. That is the purpose of this thread…to obtain ideas on what can or cannot work.

:tup:

Oh and we had trader feedback, but it went away shortly after I joined. I don’t want to speculate. Someone that’s been around longer than I have, could you explain why it left?

Guys, there is a thread for this already. Keep it in one place or you will be banned.

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43337

GOOD GUY/BAD GUY (Seller Feedback) IS MAKING A RETURN TO COMPLIMENT THIS.