clean uninstalls

i want to uninstall a program that i have that needs a key to activate, i put in a bad key and want to try another but every time i uninstall it and delete all the registry files that i could find it still keeps the key somewhere cause when i install it again it wont let me put a new one in.

i have tried total uninstall and while that got rid of a lot of stuff, just not what i need it to.

any suggestions?

what program is it? autodesk product?

there’s usually a way to activate a product and change the key w/ in the program, otherwise all u need to do is delete/modify one registry entry and open the program and it’ll think it’s a brand new program and ask for the key. but the type/name of the program helps a lot.

Uninstall it. and google the information on where the licensing is placed in the registry. Should just be a simple delete :slight_smile:

it depends.

If I have 3dsmax installed, and re-install windows (format partition) it’ll still detect the previous license.

that or go to download.com and download Glarysoft Registry cleaner…it deletes all registry files that correspond to deleted programs and such. also kills registry based viruses. saved the shit outta my computer about a month ago

sony vegas pro 8

tried that and found nothing

total uninstall deletes all the reg files associated with the program

format C:

you can’t just crack vegas pro so you don’t have to worry about all the bullshit of a trial version?

I’m confident there isn’t anything out there that can’t be cracked. (oo double negative)

yea you can crack it with the patch/key but stupid me hit the generate button again after i put in the key trying to get at a window so the activation key wont work cause the key and activation key work together. but i know that its cracked and works.

i had one version working but when i went to upgrade it took me back to the trial period after i installed it