Registry Fixing?

does anyone know how to clean this out to make your pc and internet go faster? i know that if its cleaned out and fixed everything will run as fast as it did when you unboxed it.
over the years my ole hound has slowed down. i need her to have her last kick before i put her down to rest
so if anyone has a program that will do my registry for free or something like that to help me go faster here that would great.
If i knew a first thing about how to edit and do my own registry id do it on my own but unfortunatly i do not so please help me out!
thanks

is dropping the 30 dollars for registry mechanic worth the money or is it a shit program that does nothing and company gets a free payday?

Search for a program called CCleaner… it’s free :tup:

you may just be better off backing up and reformatting… but you could look in stuff like…

msconfig - weird start up processes
then in the registry the following keys

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

look inthere for weird stuff too…

then there is services.msc look for no description and odd descriptions…

or just run hijackthis and post it up here

ha! i have hijack this and it only detects my start up shit and shit running in my background and all that stuff i know what it is and is supposed to be there

id rather not go rooting around in my registry if i don’t have to
god forbid i delete something i need or what not

i will look for CCleaner in the mean time any other suggestions

Max registry cleaner… d/l from mininova.org (must have a torrent client to d/l from) Find the one with the key gen included in the d/l