cleaning engine parts

So im sitting here trying to degrease and clean my oil pan and oil pump housing and i couldnt help but wonder if there were an easier way then with brakecleaner and a brush. Anyone have any kind of better cleaning equipment? or point me in the right direction for some simple degreasing? like a tank or something.

Take them to a machine shop and ask them to jet wash them. might cost you 20 but it saves time and effort.

powerwasher and simple green?

i tried calling but he isnt answering right meow.

im 2 sec from trying this as well but everytime i try to clean anything at the car wash i end up getting soaked and its cold outside.lol

take it to any machine shop, although getting close to 5 good luck.

im probably just gunna go try my luck at the local car wash to see if i can break off some of this grime. I need to go find my rain suit.lol

I picked up a tank and pump from Harbor Freight ($70) and some degreaser…used it for a few years, then sold it for what I paid. Was nice to have a tub of that shit just laying around. I’d usually drop a part in and let it soak for a while, then brush the loose crap off and air hose it dry.

Parts washer quit being cheap and do it right.

oh hey. Would you like to buy it for me billy? obama hasnt issued a car parts relief plan yet for my unemployed ass. lol

anyway, the car wash was an epic fail. Im soaking wet now and my parts are just wet and greasy now.lol the 5 bucs i spent on the car wash woulda been better spent on 2 cans of brake parts cleaner.:frowning:

Use engine degreaser.

I don’t think you should clean porous engine parts with brake clean…

i need to get this shit steam cleaned. That would be the best option imho.:frowning:

Use mineral spirits and a brush,its the best for getting the baked on oil off.Even when i clean my internal engine parts at work in the hot tank i usually have to hit them with the mineral spirits first to get the baked on shit off.

QFT, mineral spirits are where its at

If needing to go cheap maybe grab a $5 plastic bin from Valu (10 gallon size?), a few gallons of the previously mentioned mineral spirits or engine degreaser…let the parts soak…then brush them while in the bin???

I have heard this before. not sure of the reason why (does it get back out and attack the oil?)

easy off oven cleaner. will look like new in 20-30 min.

LOL I didn’t mean the car wash, I use my own power washer and the right end

Starter fluid.

So Srs.

i dropped the parts off at the machine shop yesterday.lol im done messing around with this shit. its gett too cold to be washing shit outside. ill use easy off oven cleaner for the rest of the small parts.