Climate models may be wrong

Funny how this isn’t big news, but Al Gore and his Nobel Prize are.

Mike Crichton has a great book out called State of Fear that touches on global warming and political underhanded-ness and shit, good read, almost seems like a documentary w/ all the global warming news these days rather than fiction

:word: Great book. I don’t know how much of it is true, but great read.

So Gore’s carbon footprint is 20 times that of the average American, yet they give him a Nobel Peace prize for promoting global warming awareness? That would be like Nelson Mandela owning slaves.

FWIW, everything is end-noted in that book. I’ve been meaning to follow up on a lot of it for months now, but life has been too busy.

And yes, pretty good read, despite it feeling slightly like an agenda.

all of these threads are the same.

the right say al gore and global warming are fake
the left say the war in iraq was designed to line the pockets of the right.

the bottom line is that the war is wrong and we are hurting the environment more then we should.

the end.

I don’t think global warming is fake, I think Al Gore is fake.
The “chicken little” approach of Al Gore and his minions really bothers me.
Nothing like winning a prize for flawed and made up science.
The guy is snake oil salesman.(period)

Edit: Furthermore; I love how people say, “it is science” like it is the word of Lord and CAN’T be wrong.

the overall point that I took away from it was, the earth has been around for billions of years, and we’re shitting bricks over ~1-200 years of temperature variances of like 5 degrees on average & that ppl put too much faith in models, aka guesses

bingo, that’s the Moderate approach that Aaron missed :smiley:

:clap:

Oh god this debate again…

5 degrees is a lot btw

doesnt mean that isnt natural

Maybe people should think about pissing toxic chemicals into all out rivers and air before it getting warmer

I never said its natural, and I already feel its too late

:picard:

i meant i think it could be natural and no one knows for sure

I’m sooo confused…

I just hate when science gets confused with politics, like global warming has. It’s no longer a discussion, it’s “agree with us or you’re wrong”. When much of your theories are based on climate models but those models can’t match today’s temps when given the data from 30 years ago it raises some questions.

The questions get even more serious when you feed in data from 30 years ago and these global warming models predict in 30 years the same doom as when given today’s data. In other words, using 1970’s data today we should have the doomsday weather that Gore is preaching, but we’re don’t.

They are so quick to blame any weather phenomenon on global warming. We have one really active hurricane season and according to the media and pseudo-science it’s proof we’re destroying the planet. We have two extremely quiet hurricane seasons after that and no one says a thing about how they were wrong.

Should we say global warming doesn’t exist? No.

Should research it more before moving forward on costly plans like the huge ethanol mandates in the current energy bill? Of course.