CLK55 AMG vs VW 1.8t

Okay, so there’s no “vs” about it. C’mon, the 20v turbo VW motors are good but not 460 supercharged hp sweet. Wasn’t even a race really. But I’ve gotta say how impressed I was by this ride.

We started in Latrobe, right at the airport light. I pulled up behind him at the light. I kill the radio because I figure any self respecting V8 will sound good and I want to hear this. When the light changed, it was hilarious how fast he just became smaller. Just flat out gone. The sound as he got on it was great. It was very quiet at idle, but the subdued V8 burble was there and the sound as he got on it was exceptional for a stock(if you wanna call an AMG stock) car.

So I’m revving, boosting, rowing gears to catch up, and I do. I’m sticking to him just to see what he can do, hear the engine somemore, see if an older(gotta use that term sparingly anymore :ugh: ) gentleman will really run the car. Turns out, he was VERY willing to run the car. There’s a long straightaway after the Hollow Tavern, I pulled up next to him, 120mph, all grins, he nods and punches it…end of story. Once again, gone like a shot. He just ran away from me at 120mph. Effortlessly. Holy crap is that sweet ride. Stupid coin, but freakin’ amazing ride. If I could, I would. It’s the best German/American hybrid I’ve seen yet…

the AMG’s are no joke… I’ve watched a few videos of an E55 AMG Sedan, take down an 03 Cobra about 5x in a row.

do not post locations

yeah, I wondered if that would be cosidered a “location” in Pittspeed parlance…now I know… :angel:

ehhh… not really a ‘location’… you won’t find dudes hanging out there racing at night … but yeah… i think i know the amg… those things are ridiculous… always fun to run one when you get a chance… there is a chinese fellow in greensburg i used to run into frequently… it stopped being fun after 2 - 3 times :hs:

teh vw got :owned: :love:

if the guy looks eastern european, and its black, then i may who youre talkin about to

This was an older gentleman, had the look of Rolling Rock/Mellon/Scaiffe money. Sonny I have chased the asian dude in his AMG around Greensburg before and he too is fully aware of what he’s got. I’ve never been a big fan of MB, old folks and big money, but when AMG does their thing, the results are just freakin’ amazing. Calling it “refined power” doesn’t do it justice…

i wonder if thats the same guy who drives lamborghini Countach around PGH in the winter :dunno:

it’s me - i only drive my truck into east liberty for work, the benz goes everywhere else

It ain’t no Sunbird hahahahaha kiddin guys