cnn...liberal?

ok so the other day i was talking to a friend of mine who is a huge Bush lover and etc…

And he was telling me that CNN was such a liberal news web sites and half the news on there is liberal sided and souldent be fully trusted. And Fox news is really the best source for news…

Now don’t get me wrong i don’t fully hate bush at all, actually kind of like him. but do not agree with more then half the stuff that he does.

But CNN to me seems like the best news source to find anything and fox news is kind of silly .

any one else agree?

I havent trusted anything fox has done since they cancelled Married with children

sidenote - terrible source for news. Often jump the gun and shoot blanks, I tend to read BBC when i wanna know wtf is going on.

i dont believe our cable news networks are liberal in the least. check out the New York Times or the BBC if you want liberal news. but many conservatives have spewed nonesense about our “liberal media” alot these last few years. i think this spawns from how critical the news has been of our current administration (Fox being the least critical). and if that makes you liberal then i guess just about everyone in the world is a tree hugging, pot smoking hippy. the issue with our media is not their political bias but the overwhelming need for them to report anything entertaining enough to get viewers…even if the story is fiction. so our news media has become more so entertainment television rather than factual news. you must take everything they say with a grain of salt.

CNN is definately left of Fox.
Everyone was so conditioned by ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and mags like TIME when FOX came along it was immediately labeled right wing.
I actually watched it and found it to be closer to center than the other big news sources.

My 2 cents.

Fox is very much to the right, in terms of any editorial based show (Hannity, Oreily, etc…)
Hardball is easily the most centered editorial show.
There’s not really a liberal editorial show, maybe Countdown.
CNN is the most centered in terms of pure reporting.
CBS is the most left big network.

MSNBC I think is the most balanced news network, seeing as how they have a show for every part of the political spectrum (Hardball for the center, Countdown for the left, Scorborough for the right, and Tucker for the libertarians)

Fox is to the right, and they admit it. Look at their staff man. Anyone who says Fox isn’t biased to the right is full of it. CNN used to be much more left than it is now, and I think it’s pretty much center-leaning left at best.

I get all my news from the daily show.

it’s funny how that comedy show does such a good job of pointing out what’s wrong with this world and calling out all the liars there are- all while making people laugh. if you think about it, it’s not that hard, because most of the shit people in power do is humerous.

my favorite part is when they show a politician saying, “No I didn’t say that” and then they show the video they have of that person saying what they “didn’t say.” How often do real news shows call people out like that? I can’t recall ever seeing that happen.

Fox news is ridiculous. Anyone with half a brain can see that it’s not fair and balanced at all, and disgustingly right-winged. Not the good type of right either. The shitty, “christian white guys are always right” sort of way. Your friend needs to start watching some other networks, especially those that aren’t American… Canadian news, British news.

As for you “kinda” liking Bush without liking most of what he does? That’s almost worse than your friend preferring shitty news.

:bsflag:

you dead fuckin serious??? i’m not even goin to get into this one…

:word: to DrDos Minglor and Janny with everything they said

gee thanks :frowning:

well Joe i just assumed you knew you were right :gotme:

I’m with Minglor and Jan on the Daily show.

Most of the owners of the large cable networks are indeed conservative republicans so it’s hard to believe that they are unbiased in their news reporting.

Yes because Fox news reported Bush’s fake service records :bloated:. Actually Fox news may be on the conservative side, but is a decent news scorce. Anybody with half a brain and not blinded by pure liberal, anti anything that is remotely conservative hatred can see.

I’ll agree Fox is right leaning, but CNN is an equal amount left leaning. If you can’t see that it’s because you’re so far to the left you can’t even see the middle anymore.

:word:

I don’t watch CNN, except for basic news information. So I couldn’t tell you how the editorials are…

I dont listen/watch/read any of this bullshit, Yahoo news is where its at. PURE FACTS!

Most of the news comes from the Associated Press so don’t think Yahoo gets the facts on their own.

and wtf rubicant You agreed with me :slight_smile:

I think the daily show is the ONLY tv show i enjoy watching anymore

TV news aka 2/4/7 is all sad stuff. people being killed etc
and the news shows fox and cnn and other are just…bad…hehe

Agreed. gotta be careful on that yahoo pure facts thing

i podcast democracy now!

i admit i don’t listen everyday, but i find their news to be actual news and not rubbish the networks cook up. when they refer to the war on terror, the always say “the so-called war on terror” to this day, when they say that it still puts a smile on my face.

so much of what is offered up as news is PR (advertizing in disguise) anyway. then the rest is hollywood bullshit (Hey look who’s banging J-Lo now!!!) it keeps the masses happy though.