Cobalt's Platform....

Blue this was all I was getting at…

GM had been promising a Cavalier replacement for years, and during those years rumors of a “global” platform called Delta was to underpin it. After many revisions and changes, the “new” Delta platform hit the streets in 2003 as Saturn’s S-Series replacement the ION.

While the Delta architecture seemed promising, the ION was developed on the cheap and NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness) was poor and its questionable styling kept the ION from being a hit.

Chevy showed the Cobalt - Cavalier replacement early 2004. More time was spent keeping engine noise down and quality up. The ION will get all those upgrades for the 2005 model year along with a new nose for the sedan and better feeling interior pieces.

The Cobalt SS Supercharged Sedan and Coupe are set to make their formal debut for the 2005 Model Year. Powered by a supercharged ecotec motor, the SS variants of the Cobalt are expected to come packed with 200hp.

The Chevrolet HHR (or Heritage High Roof) is set for the 2006 model year and also rides on the Delta architecture.

Here are spoken rumors. None are known to be true, take that as our disclaimer.
*Possible Pontiac to replace the Sunfire.

A list of current known models built on this architecture. Models noted with and asterisk (*) have not been confirmed by GM.
Saturn ION
Chevrolet Cobalt
Opel Astra
Pontiac Pursuit (Canada Only)
Pontiac G4 (Mexico Only)
Chevrolet HHR

The 2003 ION was the first car built on
the Delta platform

The Chevy Cobalt ups the ante with more refinements

The Opel Astra uses a modified version of Delta

The Chevrolet HHR Makes it’s debut on the '05 show scene

Yup I keep seening it refered to as the DELTA PLATFORM.

Not the OPEL platform…

/point

umm… its name is the DELTA platform. OPEL (which is a company, was the designer of it)

wow you’re dense

General Motors designed the “J-Body” platform, but you don’t see them calling it the “GM Platform” do you?

Reading comprehension owns you

Blue is never wrong…
This can go on forever… :blah:

yeah thank you I only stated this 3 times. I know who desigend it I was originally correcting the proper name of the platform, the you started.

So in essance its the other way around

comprehension > you.

Why was my post deleted?

“Jay5750: im always right”

in this thread or the other thread that was locked :dunno:

no i said its called the “Delta Platformed… which was designed by Opel”

the end

In this thread.

You both refferred to it as the Delta platform. End of discussion.

Originally Posted by Blue4
Delta was designed by Opel, as was the Ceta, and Sigma

about 80% of GMs new platforms are designed by Opel

point being? its not called the opel platform its called the delta platform.

the cobalt is on an opel platform, its light years beyond the cavi

this is your post.

I corrected it saying the designated platform name was Delta. Then you started with your book of facts…

Can’t you just give up with the know it all rutine. The “I got one up on someone game” you play is getting old.

rrk I could go on and on deleting your pointless post.

last warning.

if a company designs something, its creditted to them.

dont get pissed that the ford boy knew something that you didnt about a car youre in love with

this is exactly what I’m talking about. I knew Opel made the platform this shit has been knowledge to me prior to talking today to you. I also Knew Opel was a european divison of GM so give it upalready.

You turned me correcting the DESIGATED name of the platform into a fucking pissing match…AS USUAL

Opel and GM together, damn learn something each day.

actually they are doing a lot together lately, so I may not be totally accurate with that.

(See blue I can admit to shit I’m not sure of and may have mixed up)

EDIT-Scratch that. Opel is a division of GM, its the stuff that happend with the ECO and who was involved with its development that I;m getting confused with…

ok

I refer to it as inmyrearviewmirror platform. :dunno:

in the show car classes?

still a cavi…

rofl… i :heart: pittspeed