Cobalt's Platform....

you really are my new hero…

Whitey your fired!!!

seriously… you can take one of those things apart and physically show me, that it contains no parts from a cavalier. And im still going to call it one.

i saw the red one at centery 3 today driving around in the parking lot, looked really nice, besides those rims they have one it.

they have the sane motor as a cavy!

echtec yes same motor no this is a 2.0 and i’m sure the internals are a lil different

It’s ECOTEC :greddy: :clit:

they have 2.0 superchared, 2.2 Ecotec, and the 2.4 Ecotec…

I’ll never understand why they SC the smallest motor. I’m sure they can build the 2.4 for boost.

-TJ

that was my post

x2

revvs higher

Actually…the ecotec 2.2 going in the base Colbalt has been up’d 5 hp to 145…so its not exaaaaactley the same motor…lol. But I did see a red SS today heading towards Baierl Chevy…it sounded awesome…it must be one of the salesman’s demo…he was driving it hard.

GM has a super charger for the 2.4 but it only give like 60 HP when people were dynoing it. Basiclaly like stated it didn;t revv high enough.

roots chargers typically lose HP at the higher rpm’s, since the compressor cannot spin fast enough

2.0’s are typically well balanced motors period their stroke is almost always very close to their bore happy motors to boost with anything

I’ll end all of this for ya. The reason GM went with the 2.0 is for one its based off of the 2.0 that GM races in the drag circuit. In that cicuit your not aloud to have a motor stoke higher than 2.0. Second GM got with Honda to make this motor. So in reality this is a Honda motor cause thats who designed it. Third its not even close to a Cavi 1320 not even close. Its designed better quiter stronger frame and platform more space and looks entirely better than a civic, sentra, corolla that it is made to compete with. I work for C3 Chevy as a salesman and we’ve been sellin them like hot cakes. You can’t tell me civics or corollas or sentras are sellin like that. Chevy has benn the # 1 selling brand in this area for 6yrs. And will continue on doing so with this new car. And also that SS I got to drive and it is a badass car. Its acutlly underated. The HP is actually around 225-230 and 200-205 at the wheels. So don’t think it ain’t fast cause its only 205HP its more.

Actually I though the ECO line of motors was a venture with designers from GM, Lotus, and some one else, not Honda…

Still a cavy…

Oh noes! 205 at the wheels! :zzz:

I saw a Cobalt SS on the South Side last night, that wing is so hideous, it’s not a bad car other than that. Still should’ve come w/ more HP from the factory. I’d like to take one for a ride just for the hell of it.

No the ecotec line of engines came from GMs Australian line Holden. It was used there for a few years in a couple different cars. Honda is the main designer of the 2.0 only not the rest. Although there was still influence from there engines.

Question 1320? How much power you runnin at the wheels? Where you the guy at the Auto show the other week?