Next Saturn Ion

The next Ion will be a rebadged Opel Astra, the car with which my Reno shares most of its important parts. This will also replace the very last plastic Saturn, effectively killing the last vestiges of Saturn’s personality established by the optimistic Spring Hill company in 1991.

Still, it’s probably going to be leagues better than the car it’s replacing, and the Reno aftermarket should blow up by association with a huge GM sport compact launch.

http://www.saturnfans.com/photos/watermark.php?file=21053
http://www.saturnfans.com/photos/watermark.php?file=21061

if its still got that retarded dash with the gauges in the middle then -> :down:

it doesnt look bad … id buy it

i thought saturn went back to steel … anyway… i like it… :burnout:

The current Ion and the Vue are the last two plastic cars. They’ll both be gone within a couple years.

And honestly? If this new Ion comes in around $15k, looking almost identical to this Astra, and it has more power than my Reno, I might buy it.

me likey

RENO = THE BEST CAR EVER MADE: ALSO WRONG SECTION Nut Twinkie

i only post in Off-Topic because most people only READ Off-Topic.

And this website is about performance cars… so anything about a Saturn WOULD BE Off-Topic, wouldn’t it?

some may think saturns are performance cars :boink

i used to when i had an 85hp SC1…

you need your own import thread, throw all the clones of your Reno Nugget Info in it

hah… sold on every continent but Antarctica now…

wow, that front end is very aggressive. i like it.

it’s no opel speedster, but damn.

actually cool car wonder how GM is going to screw up by bringing it here:nuts:

there was one that won multiple races in a ITA couple years back, beating CRXs, Integras,Sentra, neon etc etc.

iterior is nice but the US versions won’t be as nice…

you ever see the interiors on Euro ford stuff…way better then the US stuff: focus, mondeo/contour, etc…

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i like it, i always thought the Opels were cool cars when i was in Germany