Cobalt's Platform....

yup, i was in it… power to the wheels? Dont know… More than 205 and less than 550 … Youre guess is as good as mine.

“not enough” :stuck_out_tongue:

That means the slobra is making about 199 rwhp then right? :moon:

I don’t believe a word of this because you said you are a car salesman :slight_smile:

Post up the sales numbers for the cobalt and compare them to the other competitors, I would like to see this.

fyi

the fucking cobalt wouldn’t start in cold weather and everyone was clueless until it started warming up… way to release an awesome car!!! :rolleyes:

car salesmen can go to hell…

i feel the same way

On the cobalt, are they offering any type of dealer installed upgrades as far as power? And just curious what do the cobalt ss’s run high 14’s?

The SS runs a 14.9 in the 1/4 mile. Kinda slow actually. But it is torquey as hell and has alot of wheel hop. So traction is kinda a problem. Plus it ways 3880LBS. Heavy as hell too. GM is supposed to come out with dealer options for performance but don’t look for it anytime soon.

As far as the guy who said he didn’t believe what I said because I’m a salesman. You don’t have training on Chevy product do you? You don’t take 10 test a year on comparison product to become certified to sell GM product do you? You don’t work around cars 13hrs a day sellin them do you? And you sure don’t have the passion for cars that I do definately. I go to dealer to dealer test driving different product to learn my competition so that I can be a better salesman and deal with idiots like you who know nothin about them. So before you open your pie whole next time sew it shut and take in some knowledge you didn’t know before. Prick!

WOOOAA you’re way off on the weight. It weighs 3880 LBS w/ 3 fat guys in it. According to the Chevy website it’s 2991 lbs.

3900lbs? no way a 3kgt barely weighs more than that

My friend bought the red SS that was at Baierl. He used to own a 98.5 Contour SVT which is rated at 195hp and the Cobalt is much faster than that car was.

And it doesn’t sound too bad for being stock.

So you’re saying that a Cobalt weighs as much as two and a half Geo Metros?

I think not.

That would make the Cobalt about a 21 second car.

i’m not saying anything about your knowledge, but i have been to many dealerships & carshows where the salesmen didn’t know shit…and jut like your argument says…your around the stuff all day…can’t they pick up a book or a brochure?

interesting switch SVT to cobolt SS…i know if i was buy another new car the SS would even be on my list…but to each his own.

haha… like the guy up at Baierl who tried to tell me the Aveo had the same motor as the Cavalier…

BTW, I like the ECOTEC Cavalier better than the Cobalt. And Cobalt is a gay name for an overpriced J-body replacement. Do they even offer an SVP Cobalt?

passion for cars?? you are on a website devoted to cars and you come on here and tell us we don’t care, fuck off salesman prick.

We all know a shitload about cars on this site and we have all the bases covered. old school cars, new cars, imports, domestics. You know 1 line of cars so again, STFU n00b

ps. where do you live in Whitehall, I grew up there. And I live right behind c3 chevy, maybe i’ll stop down and beat the fuck out of, err, test drive a few cars sometime.

1. you’re way full of shit… just because the car sucks dick, doesn’t mean you have to claim traction problems… every stcok car wheels hops, it’s becuase they have cushy mounts for the average consumer, but you’re a super dooper auto enthusist, so you knew this.

2. DIAF… you suck… don’t ever tell someone on this board that they don’t have a passion for cars… you’re beat… :madfawk:

The combined GVWR on the car is 3880 on the door on the one in our showroom. So thats what I’m goin by.

As far as mr. redneck and fshowcars goes I’ll retract my previous statement that you don’t love cars as much as me. That is what this forum is for. Yet it still doen’t change the fact that your stereotyping pricks.

for someone who is sooooo passionate about cars, do you know what the sticker on the door means? maybe your super duper gm classes can help out, go take them again n00b.

autos.msn.com has curb weight at 2991 for the manual