Coilovers

anyone have them/any suggestions?

latly ive been reading up on it alot. the ones im getting are 32 way adjustable. (MeganRacing) i just was wondering about ride hight camber, just basic BS

You should like them, but IMO… 32 way is just stupid for adjustments. You will never feel the difference between one click and is just more complex than it needs to be (something else to go wrong…)

I haven’t heard much bad from them and unless you’re auto crossing or competing often you should be satisfied… If I were you though, I would’ve sprang the extra few hundred and picked up a set of Stance or Silk Roads!

Just set them to the recommended ride height and put the damping adjusters in the middle and adjust as you see fit.

I’m betting they are 32 way adjustable rebound only? What brand is the shock? Do you have camber plates? How crazy do you want to go on alignment?

or linked rebound + compression, which is stupid.

One of the biggest options you should look for in a coilover system is the sets ability to have shock body height adjustment as well as spring height adjustment(perch). The ability to adjust the shock body height in the actual spindle/arm mount allows you to rough in the ride height of the car without having to dump the coil spring so far that the shock pistons are in the ~75% travel range of the shock. Doing just that overheats and destroys most shocks very quickly. The adjustable body’s help you maintain a proper amount of shock travel and fluid capacity to not only dampen the ride, but cool the damper itself and keep the seals alive.

I would not be so concerned about having R+C adjustability over the adjustable body and overal build quality aspects of the unit. Most “cheaper” coilovers with the R+C adjusters don’t do a whole lot of good anyway. On a street setup you’re better off finding someting that’s been dialed in internally from the manufacturer for your car and set so you have little to fuck with and mess up except for some minor camber/rideheight changes here and there… If you’re looking for something to run on the track with competively, then you’re into a new arena that takes a bit more finagling to find what you really need for your setup, and almost alway more money to get there. Tien is fairly good for most import setups, so is JIC. I would not go and buy the cheapest thing you can get, but don’t waste huge coin on race stuff at the same time.

I think anything from Megan racing is pretty much garbage… they originally started as a knock-off company, and pretty much still are. I think the coilovers you are talking about are replicas of the APex’i Coilovers.

I had the Tein SS Coilovers with the pillow ball mounts and they were a pretty sweet setup!!

My car.

Megan Racing Street Series Coilover Kit for the 1989-1994 Nissan 240SX offers 32 levels of adjustable damper force with full independent height adjustment. This damper kit also features front and rear pillow ball upper mounts for camber correction and suspension tuning. Made of extremely durable steel and featuring springs that are constructed of SAE-9254 cold-wound steel, the quality and durability of this coilover kit on the road surpasses other coilovers in its class. Specs of this coilovers are as follows:

Specifications:

8KG Front and 6KG Rear Spring Rates
32 Levels of Adjustable Damper
Pillow Ball Upper Mounts
Rubber Dust Covers
Adjustable Ride Height
Aggressive Spring Rates
Single-Cylinder Design
Aluminum Brackets
Hardware Included
1 Year Manufacturer Defect Warranty
Levels of Damper Adjustments Recommended By Megan Racing:

1 to 8 suggested for track use
9 to 16 suggested for mountain/aggressive use
17-32 suggested for common street use

those.

i’ve got megan racing coilovers on my 240 also. have u ever noticed the ride height loosening up on its own? i just had to readjust one of mine after about a yr since the last time i messed w/ um. dunno if it just happens from time to time, or if its faulty and i should get a new one/set

Make sure there tight all the way? i haveent had that problem yet… and ive been beating on the car for the past month, cuz its getting new everything…

OMG franknut is Ian on here now too

That is bs, I would bet you would have a hard time distinguishing between “track use” settings and “common street use”

If they are anything like my shitty D2’s (which they are except for being 32 way as opposed to 16 way), then the so called adjustable dampening is a mythical creature that I have yet to find

How about a sleeved coil over setup by going with Koni Yellow + GC? You can chose which spring rate you want for an extra ~30$ without having to use off the shelf rates and have a mix of two great companies.

Way to bump an old thread Vlad. :rofl
He bought Megan coilovers like 5 months ago

I’m third in line. I only go through recent threads so :nana

yea true, I only noticed this because it was under the recent threads lol

That is some great info. I also agree about getting dialed in set up with a damper/spring/arb combo (from a reputable brand) for a specific car. While doing your own math, matching rates and doing your own dialing in is fun; but it will take a lot of time.

Yeah BoxerSix definetly knows what hes talking about. One of the smartest people on this site when it comes to car tech. And anything to do with welding.

its only been 5 months :lol…

Freaking easy to install, took 15 minutes.

adjusted them in 20minutes.

and boom 5K later here i am.