Compared to other sportbikes, how fast is a CBR1100XX?

nice, i got up to 174mph a few weeks back, good times.

IIRC the blackbird does very very low tens, probably high nines with a few mods.

my ninja is rated at high 10’s bone stock, so you can compare it to that. But thats’s cycle world’s “numbers”

its not black hawk lol… its blackbird :wink:

168 on two wheels is not my idea of fun

In terms of straight line performance, it’s one of the fastest. All through the 90’s the Kawi ZX-11 was the top speed king at like 170ish IIRC. Then Towards the end of the 90’s Honda dethroned the king by a couple miles per hour. Suzuki then saw what was happening and dropped the hammer on the motorcycling world with the Hyabusa, destroying the CBR1100, topping out at 185-195. Kawasaki didn’t like being dethroned, much less number 3 so they started building hype for the ZX-12, which would be dancing with 2XX.

Then the Europeans got scared. The European Union saw these top speed wars escalating and threatened to ban these land cruise missiles. The big 4 responded to the threat of politics entering their business and agreed to not make a bike faster than the GSX1300.

/History Lesson

Not sure what’s going on currently. Somebody above mentioned the R1 has entered the top-speed mix somewhere and I’m not sure what the deal is with the ZX-14.

But yeah, CBR-1100 aka Blackbird was the spark that ignited the top speed wars of the late 90’s and onward. It was/is a very low 10 second bike if the rider could keep from melting the rear tire or wheelie-ing over backwards.

^^^^awesome.

My son, thou has not lived.

guy I used to work with one but had to sell it because of back problems…

he still misses it.
if you get it for free… I’ll give you a broken GM LD9 engine for it:)

meh, I’m fine not doing it.

ill run it up at nyirp one day if you wanna know what shes capable of ;)… .lol… so are you keeping it ??

he’s not getting rid of it, for now, it’s mine to ride “whenever i want it” but when he’s sick of it in his garage, keys are mine. lol. my first handout from the oldman. :slight_smile:

Fixed.

Blackbirds were the first wave. Just like the CBR600F Hurricane was the first wave.

The blackbird will hold it’s own in the right hands, but it’s not going to outperform any of the liter bikes post 2000.

Please don’t kill yourself. :slight_smile:

touche’

at any rate, it was fast enough to get dead right quick.

Im new to the site. i ride a 99 R6 and i got an 85 harley lowrider for fun… im looking into a new sport bike… anyone herd anything on that new triumph daytona 675?

im not a fan of linked brakes… but they were great bikes… it was among the first bikes i ever got to ride on the back of… i was like 12 and the guy i road with had a different bike every time i went to visit my dad… a 1999 cbrxx, a 2000 zx-12r, and the first one was a built zx-11 like a 1995… they were all stupid fast… and they are what got me wanting a motorcycle…

the triumph is supposed to be an amazing machine, supercorsas, steel braided lines, its light, its a triple so gobs of torque compared to an inline 4, roll on times are faster than the gsxr 750… and its supposed to handle very well… do it up…

10.40 @ 136.14 is what sportrider magazine got the xx into when they raced a new one in 1999… just to give you an idea… in 1997 it was a bit slower with a like 10.43 @ 132 mph… quick bikes no doubt

top speed was around mid 170’s…

The Daytona Triumph 675 is one of the best bikes to ever hit the market. Super lightweight, lots of torque. If I were to buy a brand new bike, the 675 would be at the top of my list (along with a 2006 R6).