Compustar, upgrade to 2-way?

Hey guys, I have a compustar cm3300, alarm with keyless entry. Currently have a 1 way AM remote (1am4r)for it. I was told by one of the compustar support dudes (compustar.org) that I could upgrade to a two way remote and keep the same unit.
Not sure which remote I would need, I’m assuming an AM one.
I attempted to program an FM (2w900fmr) remote, and wasn’t successful.

Which 2 way remote would work best with my unit, if it’s possible?

Hey did this thread get moved? I dont recall posting here, lol. Now I don’t get as many views.

doesnt matter what remote you get, pick anyone you want… BUT… you need it’s matching antenna… which is why the 2w900 didnt work… you have an AM antenna trying to communicate w/ a FM remote :ham: pick up the FM antenna and youll be all set… if you cant get your hands on one, I can.

Don’t worry Dan, placing the thread in the correct spot will get more views by people that are proficient. Quality over quantity as you can already see. :slight_smile:

Well I just borrowed andre’s remote, figured the fm/am incompatibility might be a prob. If I get an AM remote, it should work with my current AM antenna right? Or do I need to get a matching remote/antenna.
I hear you have the hookup on remotes, no?

No 2WAM remote that I know of… but if you just go w/ a basic 1WAM remote yes, it will work just fine :slight_smile:

I have a hookup on everything compustar… for individual parts I always give cost + shipping…

At compustar.org under “support” there is a 2WAMR. That’s AM right? Can you get that? how much? PM please.
Thanks

bump