computer issues

Well i have an older pc running and its been having alot of issues. The main issue is that it runs fine without any really heavy processes running on it. but then when i start to do work on it like alittle multitasking it freezes up constantly. ive tried to troubleshoot it and have had no luck. Anyone have anyideas? thanks

step 1 - clean it :slight_smile: Could be getting a little warm
step 2 - reformat.

formatting is the last thing i would like to do haha. the comptuer runs fine for days if it just sits there… but when i start to use it is when i get the problems

What are some of the system specs?

Could be any number of things causing that. I agree, some specs for the system would be nice. Worst comes to worst … hook the hard drive up in another computer, scan it for a virus, spyware … yada yada yada, save files from old hard drive to new hard drive, then format. Then transfer files back to old computer … that’s what I would do. But what do I know? I format every 2-3 months lol

sounds like the programs you are running are to great for the computer? if its not software issues its prob hardware issues. this is a complete guesss. install ne new programs lately?